Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raining cats and dogs

ComaCanadian
    ComaCanadian
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Raining cats and dogs Empty Raining cats and dogs

Post  ComaCanadian Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:26 am

Raining cats and dogs

(( ooc: This is going to be a story about random events I did in the game, with some flare. I'd like it to be closed RP for now, not sure how someone else would fit into my story yet. ))

Dim morning light creeping up and over this hole of a city, my city. A black and white cat huddles near me for warmth, companionship, or maybe just begging for food. I could relate to it. At least I used to be just like it, lonely, vulnerable, weak, starving, for food, for people, for family. Well the only thing I've found is food, the rest, well, that's in the past.

It feels like I've always been this, and anything that I can barely remember is just vagaries, of dreams and past lives. Clutching my gun in one hand, and a fist in the other, rage. Its something I've learned to control, for the most part. Keep my head down, and maybe I wont get the urge.

Streets slowly fill with the proles. They wander by me like blurs, a dance like a brush stroke, full of uniform and distortion. Deep breaths, slow and steady, deep, breaths. My military days come shooting up like a stab to my brain. Images, reflexes of wanting to protect and kill, the need to feel safe. Well in this city, no one's safe.

I raise my gun to the blur and unload a clip. Screams, horns, yells, and sirens. I guess they were real after all. Things seem to come back in focus as I gaze upon my doing. I feel nothing for the three people I just killed. Their blood pooling all around me, surrounding me. Like their trying to not let me escape the reality of what I did to them. I notice the black and white cat from earlier. Seems it wandered into my stray bullets like it wanted to die.

I turn down some alley I've never been down. So much of this place seems new to me. All around me it feels like war. The smell of death, dried blood, and the sounds of metal and flesh. We are just beasts let loose in a maze. I hear whispers and talking around me. Things that seem important at the time, but are lost in the noise.

Street corners and street bums. A woman in a business suit talking on the phone. "Enforcers, HA! They cause just as much trouble and pain as the criminals." I think for a moment that's true. I wouldn't kill half as many people if the Enforcers didn't get in the way all the time. Then again I know that's a lie.

Clouds are rolling in across the mauve coloured sky, looks like its going to rain. A hot pink van speeds by me. Yeah rain, like cats, and dogs.
    ComaCanadian
    ComaCanadian
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Raining cats and dogs Empty Re: Raining cats and dogs

Post  ComaCanadian Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:11 pm

(( ooc youtube link for the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7uEW56rCE))

Its dry and humid, and off-gray clouds splay across the sky like dice in a crap shoot, no rain just yet. I don't know what time it is nor care. I wander a lot, like I'm lost amongst all these people. All these places that I used to know, and people who used to know me.

I'm weary, tired so much, drinking helps. Looking up I see the sign Gaijin, yea they should have alcohol in there.

Music thuds and thumps surrounding me, enveloping me. True clam washes over me, reminds me of my youth, my family, my life I used to have.

'We Could Go Kick Down Some Doors Together
    Stay Out Til Morning Sharp As Knives
    The New War Will Get You It Will Not Protect You
    But I Will Be There With You When You Turn Out The Light
    Said I Will Be There With You When You Turn Out The Light
    I Will Be There With You When You Turn Out The Light'

So many people with guns, just lounging like that's normal. I guess it is now. I feel eyes on me, not directly but I know I'm being watched. A stranger in a strange place. I walk up to the bar and order. The bartender glaces at some guy on the balcony, waiting for approval. I tilt my head to glace at this man. I only see a slight nod from him, and he disappears in the crowd. I feel at ease as I slowly intoxicate myself.

Screams and gunfire behind me. I ignore it, doesn't concern me, none of it does. Everything continues, none of it mattered to them either. I could get used to this place.

A man sits beside me at the bar. I feel his gaze on me. I control the urge to confront him. I assume he was the man from before but my drunken stupor suppresses my military tendencies.

'So, you are a true gaijin here my friend.'

I pick up on his slight accent, without looking at him I know he's asian. I'm not interested in making acquaintances, I stay silent. I choose my own words when I need to.

'Quiet one, I can respect that.'

Everyone wants something, out of you. That's what you gotta realize, you have something everyone wants. Your image, your body, your money, your muscles. All of it can be marketted, used, and sold off.

'See this', he taps on the bar table. 'This is all mine, my bar, my music, hell, even some of these -' pointing to some girls over my shoulder, '- clothes are mine. Me? I'm Suji. And you?'

I'm almost forced to answer him now. Disrespect the owner in his house isn't wise. I slowly turn my head to get a good look at him for once. Almost plain looking in a way, with blue hair and some piercings. His demeanor radiated a friendly kind of aura. In the most monotone flat voice I could muster I replied

'Bashir'

'Well now, interesting, you don't look middle-eastern. But names, they're what other people give you. I'm just wondering...'

He was choosing his words more carefully now. I knew this was coming, he wants, and what he wants he gets, or at least that's what they usually say.

'Wondering if your looking for work. The kind that pays well, and might need a little use of that muscle you got. And hey, if your looking for some new digs-' glancing at my plain clothes. 'I could hook you up.'

He hands me a contact card. 'See that right there,' pointing to the girl on the other end of the bar. 'That's my girl Strega, Strega Bloodrose. She'll help you out with some jobs when your ready. Oh and this tab, don't worry its on me.' Takes another glace at me and walks away.

I wasn't going to pay anyway, its not like I have money. I figure I'll never be in here again, so its not like I'll need this, looking at the card. But I put it in my pocket anyway.

Thoroughly drunk, I wander out to the street. I stumble into someones car. This I could use. I smash the window and hop in. Even drunk hot wiring a car is like riding a bike. I shakily drive off hitting something, driving just to find a place to crash for the night.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:47 pm