Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Nytewing
Keigh
Chainer
Sushin
Eleutherophobia
LucentWolf
10 posters

Car and Rain Dogs decals.

LucentWolf
    LucentWolf
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Car and Rain Dogs decals. Empty Car and Rain Dogs decals.

Post  LucentWolf Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00000

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00002

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00001

Edit- Cause I thought it looked cool.

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00008
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Car and Rain Dogs decals. Empty Re: Car and Rain Dogs decals.

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Ooh, very flashy! The knuckle tattoos were a nice touch.

Here are my two cars:
    (The second being my actual mode of transportation, the first merely being an experiment on a leftover Veo.)

Car and Rain Dogs decals. Carsc
    LucentWolf
    LucentWolf
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LucentWolf Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:16 pm

I was mainly proud of the film clip I did. I just need to figure out a way to make it look better on the car. When I downsize it, it loses it's clarity. You did really good on the Exile decal! How did you get the symbols for the E to curve? I haven't been able to figure out how to curve things up or down.

My next image I attempt is a tribal wolf howling. -.- That should be fun as hell.

Last edited by LucentWolf on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sushin
    Sushin
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Sushin Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh, I like the color decals you put on the first one, and how the second car looks like it has a soft top.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:37 pm

LucentWolf wrote:I was mainly proud of the film clip I did. I just need to figure out a way to make it look better on the car. When I downsize it, it loses it's clarity. You did really good on the Exile decal! How did you get the symbols for the E to curve? I haven't been able to figure out how to curve things up or down.

My next image I attempt is a tribal wolf howling. -.- That should be fun as hell.

Indeed, the film clip looks great! I've been having the sizing issues as well. The e is actually a bunch of concentric quarter-circles on either normal or mask. Took quite a while to figure, and it's still not completely accurate to the design I had put up here.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the wolf! Smile
    Sushin
    Sushin
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Sushin Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:55 pm

I thought it would be cool to capture a wolfs growling face with a tribal-like outline. I love the wrinkles that appear on the snout.
    LucentWolf
    LucentWolf
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LucentWolf Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Ya, tribal wolves look awesome. It's not as generic as the usual nonsense tribal tattoo's people get nowadays. There's a meaning behind it. I'm just not that good at art stuff soooo will take me a loooooooong time to get it done. That film clip I did on the roof of my car took me the better part of the night. I got to tuner 8 doing it.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am

Apparently my new screenshots haven't been saving... Argh.

Will post some soon of what I've done.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:17 am

Chainer wrote:Apparently my new screenshots haven't been saving... Argh.

Will post some soon of what I've done.

It doesn't save to where it used to earlier in the beta, Chainer. It's in the Media folder, now.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Well now. That's news. I just woke up from night shift, so I'll go through them and pick out the good ones I've gotten.
    Keigh
    Keigh
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Keigh Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:40 pm

nothing serious just playing around in the editors

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00004
    Sushin
    Sushin
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Sushin Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Hm...I feel like there should be some official symbols made for us to all use on cars and clothes and such.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Very nice indeed! after seeing this post I spent a little (lot) of time jamming in the symbol editor and came up with these. I'm pretty sure all the symbols I used are unlocked pretty early like fashionista 2 or something. Cheers.
    Oh yea, yes thats the car I drive, figured I spend the beta cash on guns 'n ammo pirat

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00005

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00007

Car and Rain Dogs decals. ScreenShot00008

(that last one says R Dog, or trys to at least lol)
    LucentWolf
    LucentWolf
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LucentWolf Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:40 am

That's an awesome rendition of the RD symbol there!
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Thx 'Wolf xD

I saw the symbol on the public sigs, and charter/under our names and just had to try it.
    I only have like 50 mins of action tme left in KotC so I'll be spending alot of time in the designer
    messing around.
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Can I make one suggestion? And you can totally disregard this if you wish, but the placement of the D on that symbol had me thinking it was a giant B for the longest time and I could not, for the life of me, figure out how the B played into the Rain Dogs...
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 am

Delinquent wrote:... but the placement of the D on that symbol had me thinking it was a giant B for the longest time and I could not, for the life of me, figure out how the B played into the Rain Dogs...

Entirely true.

With the lettering being intertwined and so, with initial glance, challenging to make sense thereof; however, on the other side of the same coin, it is perhaps entirely fitting of the group that the symbol is as to represent, that there would be almost nothing to see without a thought, already, of what to look for.

The 'R' and 'D' almost inseparably indistinguishable, in lieu of a pre-requisite knowledge or gathered conclusion of the distinction; in keeping with and further adding to a subtlety of both being and expression.
    LupusIntus
    LupusIntus
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LupusIntus Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I I like the idea and meaning of the symbol as well, Ecks, but I think I would also like to see the "D" moved down just a little bit to create a tad bit more seperation between he two.

Although the symbol is made for *us*, I would still like it to be easily seen and understood by others that may not be in the clan.
    We are each individuals joined together by our love and expression of individuality and creativity and I want that presence to really be felt on whatever server we end up on. The symbol being more easily recognized as a "RD" instead of a "B" will help that, I feel.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:31 pm

LupusIntus wrote:I I like the idea and meaning of the symbol as well, Ecks, but I think I would also like to see the "D" moved down just a little bit to create a tad bit more seperation between he two.

Although the symbol is made for *us*, I would still like it to be easily seen and understood by others that may not be in the clan.
    We are each individuals joined together by our love and expression of individuality and creativity and I want that presence to really be felt on whatever server we end up on. The symbol being more easily recognized as a "RD" instead of a "B" will help that, I feel.

Agreed, as well as having an easily recognizable brand or identifier is the backbone of advertising. We establish ourselves and this symbol could easily draw in more RP'ers from across the server.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm

From my point of view, to change it at all at this point would mean to change it completely.

I believe it fits perfectly, that you have no clue what it is until you take the time to look into it.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I just don't agree, Chainer. I know I was not here when the original design came about but I feel that having to think about the actual symbol somewhat defeats the intent behind the symbol. A slight extension on the stem of the R or shifting of the position of the D to make the letters more distinguishable would really go a long way. As I said, I just think that having to think about the symbol's meaning can deflect people from the Clan.

Keep in mind most people wont have the time, or take the time, to study that symbol in game and therefore may never realize that it is an RD instead of a B. I know if I saw someone wearing that and there was no time to study the symbol, but I liked the RP I was hearing in the area, I would starting asking about the B clan. That could cost us a loss of potential members in the RP community.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:24 pm

I've had this argument with myself since I designed the symbol last autumn. I don't really plan on changing it, especially only minute-ly, as I, like Ecks and Chainer, like that it takes a bit of work to understand. Keep in mind, however, that it does not, by any means, have to be the Rain Dogs symbol for every member. I is simply a symbol that I offer up for use.
    LupusIntus
    LupusIntus
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LupusIntus Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Hmmm... very very interesting point, Chainer.

I think I may concede to your line of thinking simply because if we act like the Rain Dogs our joined creativity and imagination make us then the symbol will be joined to us regardless of it's initail first impression.

I've been amazed at the impact we've made on the forums (and our steadily growing numbers attest to that) and if we carry that into the actual game...
    We really may recreate the city of San Paro in the image *we* desire.

I also hope that everyone takes advantage of the same symbol because though we are all indivuals expressing our individuality, we are bonded through the love of art, expression, and creativity.
    Even if it's a barely noticably tattoo covered up by a sock, it's still there definining you as a Rain Dog.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Also wanted to mention how quick that I think it looks. It's basically two lines and two humps, with a few little dashed edges. When I designed it (before the group's sort of underlying themes, if you will, were set) I was very much looking for something that could be quickly sprayed onto the side of a building, before the can is dropped and the delinquent scurries off into the night.

However, I am now recalling an early conversation with Ecks about having a separate 'common' logo to display as clothing tags, or tattoos. If I remember correctly, this was the most agreed-upon. I don't really plan on using it for anything myself, but you all are more than welcome to.

Car and Rain Dogs decals. Rdtag
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm

I shall concede on it here cause I think I am failing to make my point, especially when I am really only talking about a centimeter or two. Be it known that, from me, I will be using the Rain Dog's insignia at a minimum as a tattoo and likely in someway on all outfits and cars. I want to fly my colors high and show my pride in the Clan. One quick open RP and it already feels like we have shed blood together.

Note, send me both of those symbols when it goes live, Ele, I will find use for both of them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm