Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Nytewing
Keigh
Chainer
Sushin
Eleutherophobia
LucentWolf
10 posters

Car and Rain Dogs decals.

Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Empty Re: Car and Rain Dogs decals.

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Woa, did't notice what I started lol x.x

I have to agree with Eleuth, Ecks, and Chainer on this. RainDogsTag fits not only as Ecks put it.

Ecks wrote:Not at all asided from sight, though very much has to be sought in order to: initially, view and, additionally, derive meaning - something which, in itself, is as much an indication and allusion toward the style and structure of Rain Dogs, as the intertwining of the letters themselves.

but as the beauty and the fact that something as simple as two letters can manage to fool the brain to that extent.

Joining the "stem" of the R with the line of the D isn't new and APB did it themselves with the blood roses. The D and R are intertwined but not as cleverly made as Eleuth. Fastforward the below to 3:38 V

Going to the RP perspective we are our artists and
    indivuals expressing our individuality, we are bonded through the love of art, expression, and creativity
    we are not some Hardcore Gangbangers or Triad types plastering "join us today call 888-000-0012" all over the city. We spray a more subtle 'b' that by taking the time to realize it is indeed an R D you proved to us you can be a Rain Dog.

Thats just my take on it at least

~Nyte

*edit*

When I first joined and saw the RainDogsTag under my name I assumed it as a B too but you know what they say about that xD

*double edit for the sake of not double posting*

plus on a side note, if we leave the symbol as it is, the cops/enforcers might be looking for a gang that starts with a B rather then us so its win-win
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Delinquent wrote: thinking about the actual symbol somewhat defeats the intent behind the symbol.

sorry for kicking a dead horse but

Symbol
    •an arbitrary sign (written or printed) that has acquired a conventional significance
    •something visible that by association or convention represents something else that is invisible; "the eagle is a symbol of the United States"
    •a symbol is an idea, abstraction or concept, tokens of which may be marks or a configuration of marks which form a particular pattern

I can make a version of the RainDogsTag that I made with a white outline which will help establish the R from the D but still remain RainDogsTag with all intents and purpose. Since we don't have a uniform or strict dress code you could also use a different font and go more like in the vid I posted.

done kicking of dead horse

now everyone in
    Bearhug!
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:10 pm

But now my horse is sad, Nyte... I don't want a sad horse, Nyte... Very Happy
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Crying or Very sad

Sorry bro but I think if we moved the D over it would take away from the overall design. It wouldn't be a symbol anymore, just two letters.

On a happier note. APB goes live in less then 72 hours drunken I can mess around with the symbol then. If Eleuth doesn't mind.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Delinquent wrote:I just don't agree, Chainer. I know I was not here when the original design came about but I feel that having to think about the actual symbol somewhat defeats the intent behind the symbol. A slight extension on the stem of the R or shifting of the position of the D to make the letters more distinguishable would really go a long way. As I said, I just think that having to think about the symbol's meaning can deflect people from the Clan.

Keep in mind most people wont have the time, or take the time, to study that symbol in game and therefore may never realize that it is an RD instead of a B. I know if I saw someone wearing that and there was no time to study the symbol, but I liked the RP I was hearing in the area, I would starting asking about the B clan. That could cost us a loss of potential members in the RP community.

I'm going to pop in on this and pull my personal trump card of graphic designer and say that while I understand where you're coming from, we are established with a logo already. The time it took to establish said letter-mark as a calling card has been some time now, and especially with release coming a change in logo would make the gang look fractal and unsure of itself. A logo is not something that is an over-night event. A simple change that seems like 'just a pixel bump or two over' will surely and ultimately change the entire meaning of/and the design. I for one, am not adverse to change, but I am however adverse to change when something entirely so important is about to begin such as pre-launch and launch.

I think that a good thing for me to mention is, according to thread Soaking Semblance we kind of reached a conclusion of we can maintain individuality to any degree we want, but if we want we can display what connects us. At least in my mind as a member, it's not a requirement to display the logo or even use THAT one specifically. I know on my cars/arms/clothes during beta I had many different designs for our gangs' name; however, never once did I use what I thought anyone else would dare tag themselves with. Perhaps it's a bit of me and my character mixing together to form a proverbial mess of design and individuality, but I doubt that Sephr would ever directly show that he is a member of anything via his clothes or car.

Now to flip-side that I think that showing a connection is great in a way. Sure, it marks us as all from the same side of town, we stop in the same places and some of us even dare drink the same brand of freshly ground bean. But when it comes down to brass-tacks, none of us are the same and nor are we always going to drink the same coffee. In my humble opinion as a graphic designer, if you're going to use the logo use it as is. It's considered terrible manners to 'tweak' someones' logo for your own use, even if you're just tweaking it to make it more of what you want.

But then again, no one ever said that having your character rock out whatever design he/she can quickly tag on a wall is out of line Wink
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Nytewing wrote: Crying or Very sad

Sorry bro but I think if we moved the D over it would take away from the overall design. It wouldn't be a symbol anymore, just two letters.

On a happier note. APB goes live in less then 72 hours drunken I can mess around with the symbol then. If Eleuth doesn't mind.

Ha! Don't take that seriously, Nyte, I was just playing when I sad the horse was sad. Smile
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm

whew thats good Laughing

now then where were we, ah yes deciding if whether or not I should do something totally crazy in the open RP or just semi crazy

hmmmm
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Okay, so I was essentially just dancing around what Chainer tried to say. I'd like to think I have quite a wealth of knowledge in advertising (second major, and obsession) and changing, especially at this stage, would make us seem unsure. So it boils down to: if you want to use that logo, go ahead, I'll make the decal in-game and offer it to everyone. Otherwise, make one of your own, but don't just make it an ever-so-slightly skewed version of mine. Also: found what I was looking for - kind of another reason why I like this one more than the others I came up with:

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Raindogsinsigniadissect
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 pm

I noticed the subtle A in there when I took a stab at making it but the changing colors one you posted stops with a red P? That tweaked my interest

As for graphic design I went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for that until I found out you have to draw up 100s of slight variations for the clients instead of doing my own thing so I transfered to Penn State lol.

Eleutherophobia wrote: but don't just make it an ever-so-slightly skewed version of mine.

would that be a hint at mine? lol thats kool. I didn't get a chance to meet you in-game and was unsure if a tag was made yet.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Nytewing wrote:
    would that be a hint at mine?

No, not at all. I liked yours a lot, and actually hadn't even attempted it in-game yet. I was just saying that if someone wants their own once the game goes live, it should be that one, or something different enough that it shows.

And the gif is stopping for you? It's just supposed to show that the logo has both "APB" and "RD."
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:34 pm

OHHH damn thats brilliant <3 <3

I get it now hahaha I saw the R, D, A, and P but not the "B" /duh

Thanks /blush once APB goes live we should group and share ideas over the VoIP I think it'd be best to wait for fashionista 2 at least. One of the tribal "swurls" curls up pretty close to the D in your amazingly designed symbol. I still can't believe you fit APB in the tag as well.
    LupusIntus
    LupusIntus
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LupusIntus Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:50 pm

I agree, absolutely brilliant!
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Nytewing wrote:As for graphic design I went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for that until I found out you have to draw up 100s of slight variations for the clients instead of doing my own thing so I transfered to Penn State lol.

I stuck it out at AiP, and must say after I got past the cockers, that it became much more like a real design firm in the higher-level classes.

Awesome to meet a fellow brother in Burgh.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Indeed, 'tis a small world after all. xD
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 am

Nytewing wrote:OHHH damn thats brilliant <3 <3

I get it now hahaha I saw the R, D, A, and P but not the "B" /duh

Thanks /blush once APB goes live we should group and share ideas over the VoIP I think it'd be best to wait for fashionista 2 at least. One of the tribal "swurls" curls up pretty close to the D in your amazingly designed symbol. I still can't believe you fit APB in the tag as well.

I was reading on the APB forums the other day that you can AFK your way up to Fashionista 9, and then from there you have to produce and sell a certain number of things to continue leveling.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:48 am

This is true with all 'classes'. It's a good way to make some early money, and boost your rating.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 am

Sweet! I did notice that the unlocks on the cars opened up the more you used that same car while playing. Which explains why my Han Veo was the only car I had rims unlocked on.

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 ScreenShot00003-3
    Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 ScreenShot00001

Note that I will definetly be using the clan logo, the question for me now is how to incorperate it. I like simple designs for the most part, and that logo is flashier than what I am used to... Smile j/k on the flashy part.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am

Nice Del,

I just had a thought. Did anyone ever notice/try to see if you could cover up the manufactors icon on the front hood of the cars? Would be quite stunning to make a white-silver shield with the RainDogsTag centered in it. Then using the "Exile Records" "baker pool hall" logos Elu will make in-game from the winning designs as "sponsers" and you'd have a 'race' ing or street car with a Rain Dogs theme right there.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Actually, I did play around with that thought Nyte. Notice on the Han Veo there that the grill is outlined in black. I did try to blot out the entire grill, but that which was not a body panel did not react the the vinyl.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Damn, well I guess we could still do something like this

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Ferrari-f430-spider-1

Noting the Yellow Ferrari logo near the door, but we'd have the RainDogsTag instead of the horse. Again with smaller versions of these stamped along the sides of the car

Should turn out like so

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Ferrari-f430-spider-2

I used the icons from the contest, tried to decal the face eck's made but it wouldn't let me for some reason so I put the stripes. And its hard trying to shape a shield with the eraser tool from a small tie lol. Again just ideas, and I'm bored so yea.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Is that the Murcielago?
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Nytewing wrote:Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Ferrari-f430-spider-2

Somewhere in the world there is an Itallian man weeping over what you just did to that Spider...

NOTE: The work is very good, it's just that its a Ferrari and stickering one up that is not on the racing team is blasphemous!

Chainer wrote:Is that the Murcielago?

Murciealago is a Lamborghini, sir.

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Lamborghini-Murcielago-for-Sale

Sad Sorry, Daddy Del loves his exotic imports...
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:12 pm

lol note taken

p.s.

its on the RD racing team o.O

and yea its a Ferrari F430 Spider like Del posted above
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Huh, who knew Ferrari was still around. I never cared much for them myself. I'd like to see an Aston painted brit-green with raindogs racing colors on it though.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Chainer wrote:Huh, who knew Ferrari was still around. I never cared much for them myself. I'd like to see an Aston painted brit-green with raindogs racing colors on it though.

That would be hot!

Like one of these?

Car and Rain Dogs decals. - Page 2 Aston_Martin-DBR9_2005_photo_01

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:40 pm