Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A dream...

InZaneFlea
    InZaneFlea
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

A dream... Empty A dream...

Post  InZaneFlea Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 pm

I awoke in a cold sweat, heart racing and eyes blurry...

I'd been flying. No, leaping bounds over tall buildings. The rain splashing in my face...There was a memory of agents, of gun fights in crowded apartment buildings...Stealing information. Small images flashed through my head, meetings atop skyscrapers, I seem to remember wearing green, although my vision was tinted red. There was someone else there too...He wore red, a real son-of-a-bitch. He brought me along with him though, showed me the city and how to survive in it.

I threw my legs over the side of my bed, sitting up and taking in a deep breath. It couldn't have been real.

Ever since that man ran into me. That business card. It wasn't much, simply black with a splash of white on one end, and an address. That was where I was headed. Packing heat and with that old bitches car no less. There was something else on the back of the card, tiny little writing. Something that rang true from my dream as well, something familiar about it...Tiny letters so small I had to squint... Sephr... It seemed like I'd known the name for years. Maybe that was part of the pull to this...Address. And whatever lay there when I arrived.

My bed left un-made, I rushed out of that small apartment complex. I needed answers, now.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

A dream... Empty Re: A dream...

Post  Chainer Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Answers are only a small part of the journey. It's the why that drives us all.

(Flea has a vouch from me. Glad to see you here buddy!)
    InZaneFlea
    InZaneFlea
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  InZaneFlea Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:54 pm

I pulled onto the street, now only to find the address.

It hadn't been too far, but the pounding rain was giving me a headache, the constant drums on the roof of that damn car, it's stupid old lady smell yet to be covered up by the smell of blood. Although soon enough I'd be driving someone with a gunshot around, and that familiar aroma would come back nicely.

The door was locked. Of course. So I went around back. Why not. Dark alley, rain pouring in from all sides. Half open garbage bins, flickering lights. It was the perfect idea.

(Been FAR too long Chainer. Our MxO days were too short lived, it's great to be back. And with APB no doubt. After 1.5 years of playing San Andreas Multiplayer cops vs robbers? Yeah, this is my game. And to find such a wonderfully talented group of roleplayers too? Awesome.)
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 pm

I've seen a similar such expression, sometime before - almost as if you're looking for someone. Have they found you, yet? When was the last time you looked into a puddle of rain water and even with each drop's small splash, have seen nothing but a reflection?

Anyway, I'd better let you be on your way to wherever it is you're supposed to be - that is, unless you're already there.
    InZaneFlea
    InZaneFlea
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  InZaneFlea Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:00 pm

The back door was unlocked. I entered in...

The variable cluster fuck that my life had become drove me to this point. Gun resting in my palm, hand resting on the door knob. I was either about to open the rabbit hole or get beaten to shit and throw out without my money or clothing. And that's why we brought the heat, isn't it?

I announced myself. No one answered.

No, no variables. This was simply a cluster fuck coming to fruition. I'd had too much time to get away from it and too little motivation to steer clear. So here I was. Chasing a small name written on the back of a business card slipped to me down at The Next Chapter. I was reading up on the finer parts of tagging cop cars.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Not seeing the rip in your shirt, the tear through your skin, the pieces of organ painting the cement - it doesn't mean you get to keep clear of the hey-I'm-bleeding part.

Welcome, I hope to see more soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content