Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A Dreamer's Dream

Arwynn
    Arwynn
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

A Dreamer's Dream Empty A Dreamer's Dream

Post  Arwynn Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 am

I dream again, but then I have dreamed before. The dreamers name is unimportant at the moment, a dream for all intents and purposes... from the dreamed's perspective anyways. The dreamed have names, most are the same name. These disparate dreams are bound together by one name and that name is... Arwynn... Or Wynn...Heh...Orwynn... But I digress, which seems like the right literary thing to do... Is it? mayhaps not, but I have no choice. Onwards and upwards... but hang on... If we are going upward? Are we going parallel to the vertical? Or perpendicular to the horizontal? And if so can we approach the azimuth in a retrograde elliptical orbit? Or are we going to decelerate in a hyperbolic descent?

*blinks*

Okay then, I think we are back on track to Nowhere in particular. But if we are going Nowhere, how will we get There? Even if we get to Nowhere, won't it become Somewhere once we get there? And I've been Somewhere and it is to wet this time of year. A Place is nice if you can find it, but I think it's inside Somewhere...or is Somewhere inside A Place?
    I'll have to check next time I'm There, they have info on Everywhere...except on Nowhere... their odd There.

But sadly we are at the end... or is it the beginning... are we going again? If we do bring your hat, we might go Someplace and you will get wet.

//ooc

Heya everyone.

Just thought I would add an ooc intro as well. I'm mid twenties, living in Toronto currently. I am applying for University for a video game design course they offer. Currently unemployed. I'm a big sci fi, fantasy, horror geek. I love comic books and video games. I've converted to being a PC only gamer, more out of lack of game titles on the consoles. Most games on the console are also released on the PC, and for shooters I need my mouse for better aim. I've played several MMO's before this but I'm a relative noob at this game. (need to work on my aim. Drive pretty good.) I have RP in the past, both ingame RP events and forum RP. I personally tend to be more active in ingame RP as opposed to forum but I do enjoy forum RP simply because I like to write. Experience has taught me life can interfere with things and if I had to be less active on the forums to be more active ingame I would, just so everyone knows. As for my name call me Arwynn, it is one of my online pseudonyms. I like to keep some things private.

Laters.

Arwynn

//end ooc

((PS. originally posted in the wrong forum, my bad. ingame name Arwynn.))
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

A Dreamer's Dream Empty Re: A Dreamer's Dream

Post  Ecks Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:33 pm

Welcome, Arwynn.

(This would, in fact, be one of my favourite pieces of having read in some time, it would seem. Entirely self-aware yet entirely subjective to the experience of the writing of the story unfolding. Reminiscent almost of some of the more recent ventures to within the style of the 'fourth wall cinema'. To be able to read through such in literary form, something entirely special - originally unique.

In addition to which, it may have been said once upon a time that creativity and composition can be the perfect compliment to that series and over-lapping of biographies named 'life'. Looking forward to seeing those of which you may be able to share within this setting of wind-splashed cappuccino and drip-poured rain).
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm

(Indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed this, and can't wait to hear more from you! Welcome to the Rain Dogs.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content