Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

No solstice (for the working mind)

Indigo
    Indigo
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

No solstice (for the working mind) Empty No solstice (for the working mind)

Post  Indigo Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 am

I’ve killed.

That idea is a weight that compresses my emotions into the back of my mind… and I find ways to deal with the reality when the images start to leak into my consciousness.

I can continue to work my designs into clothing. That was my strong point. Well… not was. I still sell things on a regular basis; under a guise now since it wouldn’t work to put my actual name all over everything.

My mother still hooks me up with care packages from India filled with whatever she thinks will “fuel the future of the company”. Really. On the other hand, when my father isn’t here on business he’s in Greece visiting family or at home with her. He visits once and awhile; hard to explain to him why I live here and would be even easier if he called before showing up.

It would be difficult to tell them that I took up a gun to protect my prospects.

It would be hard to explain that on occasion I lift some of this and some of that to bolster my work.

It would be impossible to relay the number of bodies lying in my wake.

But the work is good. The pay is good. I can just hide away in those cloisters of brick, smoke and shadow. I can stay out of trouble when I’m in it.

Hard to explain that last thought. It’s like being naked in public. It’s like the rush of blood to the bridge of my nose at the edge of an orgasm. It’s like taking that first strong gaping breath; breaking the surface of the ocean. I can focus on it and be completely in the moment knowing that towards the end there’s something of great importance awaiting my arrival.

When I’m in that mode, when I know there’s work to be done I can wrap it up and move on to the next thing easily. Carefree…

…and it’s cool, but when the sky is in twilight towards the morning and I’m standing in this lift… for the eternity it takes to get me home… my mind is quiet.

Save for that little voice…

… breaking what would be the single most important moment of solstice from a raging inferno of a night.

I’ve killed.

Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

No solstice (for the working mind) Empty Re: No solstice (for the working mind)

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 am

(Wonderful work, Indigo. I'm thrilled that you've decided to join our ranks. Welcome to the Rain Dogs. I will be unavailable for the next few days, so contact either Delinquent or Navron in-game to join the gang.)
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 am

((Welcome, Pup. Will you be using the forum name in game as well?))
    Indigo
    Indigo
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Indigo Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:52 am

((The street name is Sadrian - I'll keep a cateye as well. Thanks for having me.))

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content