Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A crooked mind.

Nickel
    Nickel
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

A crooked mind. Empty A crooked mind.

Post  Nickel Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:01 pm

They call it a drug holiday. How cute is that? I imagine a bottle of Haldol and Zyprexa gathering their kids into the station wagon and setting out on the road. Playing travel bingo to keep the little pills occupied and off daddies cap. If Thorazine doesn't straighten up then we won't be stopping at the state's largest ball of twine. The fact that I can have such interesting thoughts is proof that the holiday is here.

Of course the actual term is "strategic treatment interruption". Those glorious few days or weeks in which the psychiatric hospital takes you off your regular medication to spot check your sanity while kicking your drug tolerance back to its default. For the staff, it is hell on Earth. Almost all the major injuries to nurses and orderlies happen during these fun filled days.

As a tourist in the realm of the chemical free I am feeling dangerous for the first time in years. With my mind moving at it's normal speed and not the molasses drip slowness of a drug haze I am able to plan. Asylum living is an ocean of structured sameness. Put a little pattern recognition on top of cold blooded creativity and an escape plan enters my twisted mind. I have always found that planning any criminal act is easy once you are as straight as you are crooked.

The time to act is now. To make this holiday a permanent vacation. A world of wicked things awaits me back in my beloved San Paro. Ah yes, San Paro, where the abnormal is normal and a head full of misfiring neurons is perfectly acceptable so long as you are a good earner. And I was always such a good earner. As I take my first steps toward freedom I feel happy and nervous and all the other confusing emotions that the drugs normally don't let me feel.

But above everything else I feel truly, insanely optimistic.

- Name - Joseph Nickelato (Responds only to Nick or Nickel)
    - Diagnoses - Atypical Schizophrenia with borderline and antisocial personality disorders.
    - Treatment - Intensive psychotherapy with antipscychotics and sedatives prescribed.
    - History - Patient remanded to custody of San Paro Psychiatric Hospital two years ago following arrest for multiple criminal offenses. Escaped after Doctor authorized treatment interruption. Current location unknown, although presumed to be within San Paro City limits.

((Hello. I am interested in associating myself with your fine community. I don't RP ingame as often as I used too but I do love to share backstories and character related fiction. And while I honestly do not know how long I will stay with APB, I do hope to make the most of it. Thank you and see ya in game.))
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

A crooked mind. Empty Re: A crooked mind.

Post  Eleutherophobia Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:25 pm

“See, I’ve been chipped and I’ve been choked, and I’m stuck out here on Fifth Street, tryin’ to thumb my way back home. Maybe I should’ve headed back long ago, ‘cause I’m damn-near stuck in the aftermath now, and three weeks out-of-town were a bad choice. And the moon jus’ don’t seem romantic anymore – it’s all swollen and yellow.

So come on, man, I’ll meet you at the bottom of a bottle, go ahead and name your poison. For Chrissake, you’ll know I’ll be here.”

(Welcome to the Rain Dogs, Nickel. We do hope you’ll stay.)

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:40 am