Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jazmin's story

Firnyn
    Firnyn
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Jazmin's story Empty Jazmin's story

Post  Firnyn Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:44 pm

* First, i would like to say I'm sorry for not being on as much as i had intended. Second, As of right now this is a story if you would like to use parts of the story in your own that's fine. If you have comments about please make a separate forum so it wont ruin the flow of the story. Third, I plan for this story to to flow into the TSW setting at which time i will continue the thread there. *

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jazmin's story

BUMP
    "I'm so sorry i didn't see you there, please forgive me I'm not looking for trouble tonight i promise."

As you look around to find were the voice came from. You see a young women with bright purple hair standing off to the side of the lamp post. She's dressed in black with purple symbols on her cloths that match the color of her hair.

"I'm sorry, i didn't see you... Uh.. here's your watch back i didn't mean to take it tonight... its just a habit."

As she hands you your watch back you check for your wallet just to make sure, not wanting to trust this stranger. But to your surprise it's still there and the watch is yours, with no damage.

You look at the young women and ask why she is in such a hurry and with a bit of sarcasm you add that she wouldn't bump into people if she walked with her head up.

"I'm so sorry i really didn't mean to, i was just trying to get out of town. I didn't want this life but when your different from other people no one wants you around, and you have to do what it takes to stay alive."

You don't know what to say so you look at her, and ask what her story is. After all everyone has one.

With a sigh she looks at you and asks "if your sure, its a little lengthy and i don't want to take up all your time. After all this was a chance meeting and tomorrow you will never remember me."

You smile, check your watch, and assure her that you have plenty of time and that she should start with her name.

"OK, My name is Jazmin as you can see i like purple and black and if you look close the symbols that are on my cloths are hand stitched pentagrams and a few other symbols i saw on the card shop TVs. People have a problem with my purple hair, they say i shouldn't keep dying it or it will fall out. Its not my fault its purple! I was born with it really i was, How i don't know but its not totally unusual."

"I have been on the street's for years since my parents kicked me out because i refused to dye my hair a more acceptable color. My choices were limited after that point, i couldn't go to school anymore. I tried but as soon as they found out my parents kicked me out and i was living on the street they red flagged me and banned me from the schools in the city. They said i was a gang member and that not even my parents wanted me."

"I was Put in one of those homes for troubled kids and it was worse then the street. I'm not just saying that, the old lady was really nice and understanding but the man.... That man's an enforcer and thinks he is above the law so he can do what ever he wants.. I ran away, he's still looking for me."

"Back on the streets i picked up some bad habits, again I'm sorry about the watch.. you learn what you have too. To stay alive and that habit was the least disgusting. I got good, real good, had a place to stay and there was no names so everyone was safe but HE found it last week. That's why i was trying to get out of the city, i have no were to go and his buddies are watching the pawn shops."

"Why he wants me so bad i don't know, its not like i ruined his life or anything. I just wouldn't bow before him and praise his every step i saw through his crap. I saw him using the other kids as mauls and i saw him selling the drugs to his buddies. When he tried to have me help him i told him i would turn him in. He just laugh at me and asked who would believe a purple haired gang member."

"He caught me the first time i tried to run away, I told him i didn't see anything.. I woke up handcuffed to the hospital bed. The doctor had just got done putting 4 stitches in my head. After we left the hospital and got home he locked me in my room and said that because i refused to help him that's were i would stay."

"I don't know how long i was locked in there living on bread and water. One day the old lady let me out and told me to run, he was gone on a raid and wouldn't be back for a few hours. I did and i have have been running ever since." Looks around nervously.

"I'm sorry it's late i should let you go. again I'm sorry please don't tell him you saw me."

With that, Jazmin turns and walks away leaving you standing there in the light of the street lamp.
    You stood there for all of a minute before you ran after her. When you caught up to her you pushed a little white card into her hand. If your going to be in the city a little longer you should drop by here... Then you walk away.

As Jazmin looked over the card she saw there were only two words printed on it. Exile Records
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:12 am