Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Nytewing
Navron
6 posters

Death Theme Music

Navron
    Navron
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Death Theme Music Empty Death Theme Music

Post  Navron Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:34 am

I've noticed there's been a lot of talk about designs, logos, cars and all of that. Personally, I don't have the mind for graphics and making things look amazing. However, I'm extremely musically inclined and thought I should offer to make a death theme for the Rain Dogs and "pull my weight" a bit.

Naturally, since everyone has unique characters and personalities there would be no way to create a completely standard theme. I would be able to create a melody and arrange it for different styles of music from classical to hip hop to rock to latin. (I made a latin version of Chopin's Funeral March during KttC). Of course, I could also do death theme requests if you send me whatever you'd like to have made. It's a basic music editor though so things can't be too complex.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Death Theme Music Empty Re: Death Theme Music

Post  Nytewing Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 am

Sounds pretty awesome dude clown I dunno if were going to have a "uniform" theme like you said but I'll be sure to send you some ideas for my death theme if you don't mind xD I'm too used to Acid to get the hang of there in-game editor. Maybe we could do a trade, some design or gun or something for the theme hmm

Im thinking something like Mt Edens mix of Imogen Heap 'The Walk' but the themes are ten second clips and its like a 7 min song X.X

anyways welcome to the Rain Dogs, and see ya in-game soon. Again nice idea =)
    Navron
    Navron
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Navron Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 am

I just looked up that song. That should actually be pretty easy. The drum part wouldn't be exact but I'd be able to do the chord progressions and pretty much everything as a simple death theme for you. I'll have it tomorrow. Smile
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Dude you rock, sir

Let me know if you need anything What a Face
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Anything from any of the songs from Judas Priest's Album British Steel. =D
    Navron
    Navron
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Navron Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Knaak wrote:Anything from any of the songs from Judas Priest's Album British Steel. =D

I've never heard any Judas Priest until now. I can do the intro from "Breaking the Law" though. I should be able to, anyway.
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Do it. For the love of whatever gods you believe in do it. I will sacrifice many animals, and have my people sing songs of you for generations to come.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Any chance you could make a death theme out of the ending snippet from Tom Waits's's's's Singapore (the music in our flash video on the homepage).
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:26 pm

I am about as tone def as a wet brick in a thunder storm, so I would gladly look to someone else to help me out in making a death song.

I know that the majority of what I will do reflects on the character as a whole, but since the day that I learned about death themes I have been really hoping I could get that sad walking away song from the end of the Incredible Hulk TV show (also used in a seen of Family Guy). That would be awesome-sauce!

EDIT: The song I refer to is "The Lonely Man Theme" by Joe Harnell
    Navron
    Navron
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Navron Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Delinquent wrote:I am about as tone def as a wet brick in a thunder storm, so I would gladly look to someone else to help me out in making a death song.

I know that the majority of what I will do reflects on the character as a whole, but since the day that I learned about death themes I have been really hoping I could get that sad walking away song from the end of the Incredible Hulk TV show (also used in a seen of Family Guy). That would be awesome-sauce!

That song is really iffy. I'm going to have to wait until APB starts to see if I can do that one. The issue is that there might not be enough time to get the melody out. I'll definitely try though.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Navron wrote:
    Delinquent wrote:I am about as tone def as a wet brick in a thunder storm, so I would gladly look to someone else to help me out in making a death song.

That song is really iffy. I'm going to have to wait until APB starts to see if I can do that one. The issue is that there might not be enough time to get the melody out. I'll definitely try though.

Thanks for at least giving it a shot. I would gladly settle just for the opening piano if nothing else, being so distinct as it is.
    Keigh
    Keigh
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Keigh Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Like to make a note that when I was browsing my facebook this was posted by APB,

Death Theme Music Navron_apb
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Nice!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:05 pm