Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rain, rain.

SK
    SK
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Rain, rain. Empty Rain, rain.

Post  SK Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:30 pm

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm waiting for something amazing to happen." came the reply.

It is nice to meet all of you.

~SK.
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Rain, rain. Empty Re: Rain, rain.

Post  Ecks Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:40 pm

It can prove interesting to not always have to wait for something amazing to happen, but to ensure that it does.

- 'evening, there.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Nothing amaze-ing ever happens here.

A pleasure, no doubt. I'd love to hear more from you.
    SK
    SK
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  SK Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:00 am

Amazingness Lays Waiting, Always. You'll See.

They call me "SK", or worse, but you can use that one. I showed up in San Paro here recently. Now though, it feels more like the city found me. Have you ever fit in so well somewhere it was almost scary? I hope not. You won't like it. I don't.

I guess at this point I don't like much else anyway. So, being here is just another thing. Wants and needs though, wants and needs. If I'm going to get done what I need done, I gotta put all that aside and figure out what I'm doing and who I'm doing it with.

The clock is ticking and I don't own a watch.

Do you all have the time?
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:13 pm

I had this old plastic Casio a few years back. One of those cheap plastic ones that have the alarm buzzer and the light-up button and all that, right? Okay, so I wake up one morning, and I'm not happy with where I am - and worse than that, my damn watch is gone. So I check my pockets and all that, and, no joke, I find the clasp - it was like this little rubber belt pin and slide - tuck into my jumper.

So, anyway, it never turned up, and I picked up another one a week or so later. Okay, though, best part - like two months later, a decent chunk of time. I'm up in Hampton Green, yeah? Bastion of posh metropolitan living. And there's some double-knit bum tuck into himself at the corner, and he holds his hand out toward me. You'd know it - there's the damn watch; I mean, I wouldn't know for certain, it was just a dimestore thing, but the band was held together with duct tape where the clasp would've been, right? Oh well, though, I figured. If he thought he needed to keep time that badly, he could have it.

The second hand jams up on my new one, though.

(We'd be thrilled to have you join us, SK. Welcome.)
    SK
    SK
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  SK Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 pm

I guess that answers my question then. Does make me think though...

You could say he just about stole time unless the guy planned on giving the watch back. Then, it might just have just been borrowed time to him. No one lives on borrowed time for long though, and it is almost impossible for any of us to steal it for too long. Sometimes the best we can do is just give the time back.

It's a shame you didn't just take it back for yourself when you saw it though, I know there are a lot of times I wouldn't mind getting back myself if I could.

If anything is true, the seconds keep on ticking even if you can't count them as they go.

Pleasure, as always.

~SK.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:10 am