Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Tripp
Zamara
Cr1m50n
Keigh
Eleutherophobia
Stead123
10 posters

APB Closed Beta

Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

APB Closed Beta - Page 2 Empty Re: APB Closed Beta

Post  Eleutherophobia Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Not gone, just mum.

I'm not really sure if I'm re-joining APB, but if I do, I would love to see you folks around sometime in-game. That being said, I don't think I'll be running another group, as I have developed many more real-life commitments since a year ago.

Of course, forum roleplaying will always be encouraged here. If anyone is interested, I believe a friend and I will be doing some casual EVE this summer's evenings. Additionally, I have been writing here: http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=15200

Good luck, everyone.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Eleutherophobia wrote:Not gone, just mum.

...I have developed many more real-life commitments since a year ago.

Good luck, everyone.

This is likewise. I still float, but I've got too much going on in the real to really worry about a game, plus I'm running Mac now. Though I'll be playing with Ele on TSW from time to time when my new job allows it; I highly doubt I'll have much time to commit to gaming as a whole.

I won't speak for anyone else, because I don't consider myself a voice for many; but there are those that are depending on me to launch massive projects.

In short: I may pop back in if I can be bothered to burn money on a PC, but I don't think I would want to really. If I do, I won't bother with the RP, as APB just never really had the base for it. I'll just pop on to burn some people down in my old-fashioned glory-style. But if the attitudes are the same as they were when I took leave, then I'm sure it will be a 10 min troll session then regret for ever logging on.

Keep well.

/Chainer

Edit: Ele is win.
    Pink
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink Wed May 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Heya guys!

Well, APB:R is free so maybe consider downloading it and set it aside for just in case the mood strikes? I'm looking forward to The Secret World too and also sub to Fallen Earth right now as well. APB:R is fun though and it'll be nice to have it available for ridiculous rampages when I get in the mood.

I've been running with Zamara/Zakiya and Lamette almost nightly lately and met a handful of other RPers on Colby as well, so it's been pretty fun. I've tried Joker a couple of times too but I swear it just seems to have a different atmosphere and not in a good way.

Ele, is there any chance you'd consider reviving the Rain Dogs in APB:R and then hire a few officer-level folks to handle the administrative stuff so you don't have to worry about 99% of it?
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Hrm. Yeah, I'd definitely consider that. My schedule calms down a bit at the start of next week, so I'll download the client and get my character back then. I'm in the midwest, so I don't really care which server I end up on.
    Pink
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink Thu May 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh great! I'll be looking forward to that then. Smile

I'm in Texas, which is why I picked Colby as well. I figured with the West Coast two hours behind me, I'd end up with more playmates available as I played on into the 'night owl' zone, hehe.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Thu May 12, 2011 5:49 pm

I would suggest to some whom post about their RP being the new cannon, that one would use their own talents and skills to make signatures and stories, rather than relying on those whom bad blood was spread by slitting ones own wrist.

If Ele jumps in, I may. Who knows though.

Pink, I'm not sure if I remember you?
    Pink
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink Thu May 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Heya Chainer!

Shaved headed girl always dressed in pink leggings and a pink hoodie with the hood up or down? Hehe. I definitely remember your handle, though I'm not sure if that is just from the forums here or if we got to group up in game.

I wasn't active for terribly long, but I had a great time while I was. I'm also not a spectacular PvPer, so I am unlikely to have made much of an impression there. I never did any further writing after my intro, but I've had the writing bug a lot more over in the Fallen Earth RP community so if things get back up and going here I'll probably start writing about Pink too.

This was my intro for her on these forums before joining in early July: Painting the town Pink: Let's have a little fun!
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Sat May 14, 2011 9:03 am

Delinquent wrote:I am [ONLY AND COMPLETELY] here to recruit, but we currently have about 15 members and our vent in nearly always full. Our rule is that anything typed in game is IC and anything on Vent is OOC, and we stay very IC when we play. However, everyone has to re-apply to get in, even old Rain Dogs.

[Edited for accuracy, by Ele]

[] I [] only came here [] in case [] a larger [] present [] might [] be [] p[r]etty [] and gross [].

Chainer wrote:I would suggest to some whom post about their RP being the new cannon, that one would use their own talents and skills to make signatures and stories, rather than relying on those whom bad blood was spread by slitting ones own wrist.

[] We [] have written many stories. []

[Edited for accuracy, by Ele : Cool your jets, it's a joke.]
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Sun May 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Ah, I remember you now, Pink. Glad to hear you're kicking around a bit.

Also, for any thinking of me getting involved in something, I can't. Moving in a few weeks.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Sun May 15, 2011 4:55 pm

[Beep beep! I'm a truck!]

[Edited for accuracy, by Ele]
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp Sun May 15, 2011 7:34 pm

My gawd all mighty. So we here for OOC drama or IC RP? I am here for the IC RP but won't be apart of the drama whores of an RP clan. I don't know whats going on with Ele or Deliq on the above posts but yeah. Starting to have my doubts about the organization of The Raindogs.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Sun May 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Tripp wrote:My gawd all mighty. So we here for OOC drama or IC RP? I am here for the IC RP but won't be apart of the drama whores of an RP clan. I don't know whats going on with Ele or Deliq on the above posts but yeah. Starting to have my doubts about the organization of The Raindogs.

It doesn't matter what you start, but how you treat the children that started it. Ele has done no wrong in any way. That much can be said.
    Keigh
    Keigh
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Keigh Sun May 22, 2011 6:46 pm

I was so happy when I heard APB was getting a second chance but after playing in the latest beta, I feel I have lost that feeling I once had when I played. So I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone in Secret World or The Old Republic if you so choose to play.
    Stead123
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 Tue May 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Just to let everyone know..I have the clan name for The Rain Dogs reserved on Colby..And have a few guys (4-5). I will probably bring in more as the OB progresses..Add Stead please (For old times sake Very Happy)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm