Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Stead123
Eleutherophobia
6 posters

No link in the chain

Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

No link in the chain Empty No link in the chain

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:17 pm

So everyone is aware, The Rain Dogs will not exist as a cabal within The Secret World. We are are a storytelling community, and not a gaming clan, a few of us have spoken, at length, and have decided that the conflict and gentlemanly struggle that comes from the 'warring' factions lends itself to some really beautiful storytelling (See: MxO). We certainly may end up in the same cabals, simple due to common interests and storytelling niches, but none shall be making their home on this board.
    Stead123
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

No link in the chain Empty Re: No link in the chain

Post  Stead123 Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Can you put this is words I understand..From what I understand there will be no FACTION called The Rain Dogs in the secret world due to the gameplay itself?
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Indeed. There will be no faction (called cabals in TSW) for a few different reasons:

It seems, thusfar, that those I've spoken with are moving to different sides of the aisle in terms of secret society. Far be it from me to limit them, in order to maintain a cabal on this board.

Additionally, the struggle that being against one another will bring is the secret-sauce of good storytelling, per my experiences.

Moreover, we really aren't a clan per-se anymore, and thus, the site would not lend itself to becoming a hub for expounding on in-game affairs and decisions.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:14 pm

I agree with this. As per the past, (And I speak from experience) Ecks, Ele, and I were born on different sides of the tracks so to speak. Within our arguments our enemies became some of the best allies which turned into amazing story arcs.

I know that the driving decision behind my choice to be a Rain Dog merely as a story-teller and not as a TSW player is because I will be re-activating old friends and bringing back that said faction (Cabal, whatever Razz). And I am also very anxious to see how our wits have matured (All of us here) when instead of working with, we are working against.

V.V.V.V.V.
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 pm

"Transcendent of the medium from whence they were brought together, those damsels and dogs turned their attention instead toward building a home of their own."

- Hoover, J. Interpreting the frequency of cultural deviance. San Paro: Priceless Tomes, 1999.

Last edited by Ecks on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Stead123
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Right..The fact that we won't have a Cabal is totally fine with me as long as we RP accordingly. But the reason of gaining points and OOC things we should group together for the sake of being with people we trust to kill with? (But the whole factions sorta thing makes sense..Can't wait to get my illumanati ass kicked by some templars)
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Stead123 wrote:Right... The fact that we won't have a Cabal is totally fine with me as long as we RP accordingly. But the reason of gaining points and OOC things we should group together for the sake of being with people we trust to kill with? (But the whole factions sorta thing makes sense..Can't wait to get my illumanati ass kicked by some templars)

I think very much so. While those here may not be grouped within the same excursion of mythological exploration, I would imagine there being quite some time enjoyed together whether through the advancement of training, or seeking of that certain item, interaction within a role - play environment - or even toward the literature of story-telling, on these very boards.
    Stead123
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Im not into board RP very much..But if you all partake in it ill have to follow.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Indeed, I do expect to run into, and even alongside most of you, wandering around after rain.

As for board RP, I actually prefer it to in-game, I've seen. Though, I could be looking through dirty goggles.
    Stead123
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:34 am

Thats a relief as I feel the same way..The enviroment and the graphics really add the livingness to the RP
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 pm

Perhaps, in looking toward this in a different way, we can use this board to establish a sort of Tabor Park West - that is - a collection of well-established haunts (at least one per Manhattan, London, Seoul) wherein board-based and in-game storytelling will intermingle and flow together seamlessly.
    Firnyn
    Firnyn
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

No link in the chain Empty :P

Post  Firnyn Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:53 pm

I plain to take Jazmin across to TSW but i am tied between going with dragons or illuminati.

( u will see why as jazmins story unfolds)

anyway i hope to see you all in the forums and in game play if for nothing else then to try my new moves out on you.. Razz

Smile your death will be recorded.. Razz
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

If I may (And Ele, edit this post if I over-step my bounds), I am more than willing to take on any Illuminati seeking a home within TSW under the flag of the Dirge.

But I'll always remain a RD, even when we are at each-others throats in-game Wink.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:39 am

Chainer wrote:If I may (And Ele, edit this post if I over-step my bounds), I am more than willing to take on any Illuminati seeking a home within TSW under the flag of the Dirge.

But I'll always remain a RD, even when we are at each-others throats in-game Wink.

You certainly may! Heck, even post up some recruitment here - would love to help spread the word about the Dirge's next iteration.
    Keigh
    Keigh
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Keigh Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:03 am

This game looks to be interesting. Ingsoc/insomnia diversion may be giving this a shot aswell.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Keigh wrote:This game looks to be interesting. Ingsoc/insomnia diversion may be giving this a shot aswell.

AWGH! Great news.
    Stead123
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Chainer can you link me to Dirge so I can check it out..Im going to be mainly a illuminati and I pretty much have my character down packed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:21 am