Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Content being lost

Claire
    Claire
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Content being lost Empty Content being lost

Post  Claire Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 pm

The sky gods were brewing a storm, and she could feel it in every pore. The air was filled with moisture, she could smell the rain with every lungful of air. The wind picked up and the trees rustled, their leaves making a sound that mimicked what was to come. This is the way she perceived the world around her. But who was she? This girl with glazed white eyes and purple hair, a face that showed little emotion other than a mild contempt. The world was darkness to her, the world was the ocean, the pit of a deep blue abyss.

"We're almost there." said Eliza, a woman whom she had befriended in her past home.
    "Mmm..." she replied, her face turned to the open window of the car, her mind concentrating on the wonderful smell of the coming rain.
    "Cla-" Eliza began to speak, but she was quickly interrupted by her blind glare. Eliza gulped softly, turning her eyes back on the road. San Paro was within view on front of them.
    "My name is Trauma..." she stated firmly.
    "T-Trauma... what are we going to do? We barely have any money, and they will surely come after us after what you did back in-" Thunder clapped as Eliza said the name of the place they were running away from.
    Trauma remained silent, her face turned to the window again. New smells were invading her sensitive nose. Concrete, sweat, perfume, and fried foods. She could tell their journey together was almost over.
    "Trauma?" Eliza asked, wondering if she had heard her.
    "Turn here, we should take a breather, I can tell there's a good alley up ahead." Trauma stated flatly.
    Eliza was puzzled by the directions given. She had known Trauma for a good three weeks, but she had not gotten used to her ability to know her surroundings. Eliza nodded softly, "Alright."
    She pulled the car into the alley, away from the bustle of the streets. She parked the car, turning to Trauma with a worried expression. Trauma got out of the car without a word. Eliza furrowed her brows in confusion, but did the same anyway, walking around the car. She leaned lightly against the front hood, crossing her arms, "So how are we going to survive?" she asked again, her tone always gentle.
    "Why did you help me, Eliza?" Trauma asked in an audible whisper, her glazed eyes turned downwards to the floor.
    "Why? Well... you are blind. I know you only did it to defend yourself. I couldn't let them get you." Eliza replied in a caring tone.
    Trauma closed her eyes, leaning against the passenger door of the car, "So you pity me?"
    "Pity you? Why do you say that?" Eliza's cheeks burned with a light blush, unwilling to admit the truth.
    "You feel sorry for me. I killed him, Eliza. He deserved it, you know he did, but the fact is I killed him." Trauma turned her head away with a scoff, "I've always been a monster, Eliza. You don't know me... you shouldn't be around me. Tomorrow I may turn on you." the words were dipped in poison, a poison that hurt both Eliza and Trauma alike.
    "What? No. I'm not leaving you. We've gone this far, haven't we?" Eliza's eyes were as wide as saucers.
    "You are weak. You'll hold be back." Trauma took a deep breath, her emotionless lips giving in to the faintest hint of a smile. The rain was finally here.
    As drops began to fall the two girls fell silent. A silence that lasted a good minute or two. Eliza finally broke this silence, "I can't leave a blind woman alone in an alley. I would hate myself for the rest of my life."
    Trauma's expression became emotionless again. She reached into her pocket, producing a small handgun. She aimed it at Eliza's head, somehow knowing exactly where said body part was, "Your time in my Journey has ended. Now the currents are taking me somewhere else... and if you follow, you'll be dead weight."
    Eliza let out a small whimper at the sight of the gun, backing a few steps, "Claire! What are you doing?"
    "My name is Trauma! Claire is dead!" Trauma reassured, her brows furrowing in anger, "Now listen carefully. You have to leave my life one way or another. I appreciate what you've done for me. However, if you keep insisting on following me, I will not hesitate to end your Journey by force."
    Eliza sobbed gently, "Very well." She replied in a hurt whisper, "Good luck, Trauma."
    Eliza made her way back to the driver door, turning to Trauma one last time, "If you need me... please look for me."
    Trauma lowered her weapon, her face turned away, "If my Journey brings me to you, then so be it... but don't allow me to think you came into my Path on purpose."
    Eliza gave a nod, "So be it." she got into the car.
    Trauma stood still, hearing the car leave. She hid her gun and walked out of the alley to the sidewalk. The rain was pouring now. She smiled, turning her face up to the sky, spreading her arms.

Let it wash away... let it all wash away. Let the stream guide me. Tomorrow we could all be dead. Today... I shall live by impulse, and hope for no tomorrows.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Content being lost Empty Re: Content being lost

Post  Eleutherophobia Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 pm

(No beginnings. No endings. Only revolutions. Welcome to the Rain Dogs, Claire Trauma.)

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:58 am