Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Good Coffee

Chaos
    Chaos
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Good Coffee Empty Good Coffee

Post  Chaos Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:16 am

My name was John Cross. However the newspapers always use a moniker based on a personal symbol I use. The symbol may not mean much. I got it off of some kid’s card game, because it looked cool at the time of me seeing it. You know, arrows pointing in every direction just seem to fit in my life. To me it stood for the limitless possibilities opened to me upon arrival in San Paro. To them, it was a symbol for simply more Chaos.

The headlines were always different. “Chaos ensues as driver mows down pedestrian.” Sure blame me. They didn’t see the gun that was aimed at my newly replaced windshield. It didn’t help that I dragged her half a mile into the park. The missing gun would skid across the freshly cut grass and conveniently into the pond.

“San Paro First national in Chaos!” Pffft, we all need money right. Why not the bank? Those bureaucrats are always waving around there financial and saving it for a rainy day. Well I was hungry and needed new tires. What am I supposed to do? With the economy in shambles I could only go one of two ways. Go corporate and add to the problem. Or live life free. Corporate is just a prison you get paid for. No thanks.

So why am I at the Expresso Royal Café? Perhaps times are hard and finding work is becoming more like a chore. Perhaps with the growing rise of the formations of gangs, belonging to one is becoming a survival necessity. Perhaps it’s because I’ve heard of the Rain dogs. They do sounds like my kind of people. Or perhaps they just have really, really good coffee.” Mmmmm…. I do love coffee.”

Anyway, I was never one for ads. So hopefully this counts. Tacking this paper to the classified section of the newspaper and sliding it to the group in the back before exiting should technically count as an ad. Besides, I like the personal touch a little bit more. No?
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Good Coffee Empty Re: Good Coffee

Post  Dice Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 am

However the newspapers always use a moniker based on a personal symbol I use. The symbol may not mean much. I got it off of some kid’s card game

For the Raven Host, long live Tchar'Zanek.
    Chaos
    Chaos
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Chaos Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:27 am

((Due to of course the nature of the name being taken I can use Cha0s. Please let me know if this is not ok. I know some rp groups do not allow it. But being it is a criminal organizationI, I think the 0 may fit in this universe. But if not I can simple use Cross.

Knaack, I didn't reven realize that it could have fit into warhammer till you said that. I was just thinking about a basic symbol design I could translate into in game design Very Happy ))
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:50 am

Chaos wrote:((Due to of course the nature of the name being taken I can use Cha0s. Please let me know if this is not ok. I know some rp groups do not allow it. But being it is a criminal organizationI, I think the 0 may fit in this universe. But if not I can simple use Cross.

Knaack, I didn't reven realize that it could have fit into warhammer till you said that. I was just thinking about a basic symbol design I could translate into in game design Very Happy ))

((I don't think there would be any issue with having the 0 in the name. Afterall, the pronunciation is the same, just the spelling is different. Ele, any thoughts on that?))
    Chaos
    Chaos
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Chaos Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 am

((if it helps, the ingame font makes it look like I just spelled it with a capital O. so it truelly looks chaotic. Very Happy. ))
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:32 pm

(Entirely fine. Hoping you're enjoying yourself in-game. Welcome the the Rain Dogs.)
    Chaos
    Chaos
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Chaos Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 pm

((Thank you and definately. I played a bit for keys to the city. But now I get to keep my toon and designs. so time to play hard))
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Chaos wrote:((Due to of course the nature of the name being taken I can use Cha0s. Please let me know if this is not ok. I know some rp groups do not allow it. But being it is a criminal organizationI, I think the 0 may fit in this universe. But if not I can simple use Cross.

Dice, I didn't reven realize that it could have fit into warhammer till you said that. I was just thinking about a basic symbol design I could translate into in game design Very Happy ))

Its not the exact Raven Host symbol, but its damn close.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:44 pm