Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Have To Start Somewhere

Sebudai
    Sebudai
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Have To Start Somewhere Empty Have To Start Somewhere

Post  Sebudai Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 am

((So anyway! I'm Sebudai, though I will probably have a different name in-game. If any of you were into roleplaying in World of Warcraft, yes, I'm that Sebudai, from Wyrmrest Accord.

I'm looking to get into some good roleplay inside of APB if at all possible. The sheer amount of customizable content in the game is astounding and opens up so much ability to create fantastic RP. Though, I have to admit, being a straight male IRL, I'm getting scared with how much time I'm spending designing clothing in this game... <<;

Though, about the little story I threw together down here: I'm not used to a game where the storyline is so small, so I'm really kind of going out on a limb here for most of the story. Coming from WoW where every single NPC you meet almost literally has an official book written about them, well, this game is a bit different! If anything here clashes with "official" APB storylines, let me know and I will be happy to change it!

But enough boring OOC stuff. Here's the short story and application for my Enforcer-turned-Criminal character, Jess. Hopefully I'll nab that name in game during the early-release event, but if not I'll probably stick with Sebudai.

Let me know what you all think and if it's good enough to be let into the gang. I've got the game pre-ordered and all, so I'll be jumping in on the 26th. Maybe I'll get a chance to RP with some of you then!))

Jess popped another cigarette in her mouth, leaning up against the wall of a diner somewhere in Downtown San Paro. Reaching into her pocket, digging around all the pistol magazines full of 9mms, she retrieved her small lighter, flipping the lid open and lighting the tobacco. She took a deep breath in, burning up most of the cigarette, filling her lungs with smoke that she blew out of her mouth in rings out of boredom.

She'd had it with her Enforcer teammates. She turned in her badge earlier that night. She wanted to do good, to help people - but this wasn't a movie, a book or a game. The good guy didn't always win. In San Paro, the bad guys winning was a possibility that constantly loomed over the population of this hell hole city.

Jess sighed and ran a hand over her bruised face. Both her eyes were black, her lips split, her stomach thoroughly bruised and her hair was matted with dried blood. She ached all over after the beating she took earlier in the day from a gang. A gang that her and her enforcer friends were out to stop, but how was she to know that they were all in on it too?

Half the Enforcers in her unit were corrupt pricks, and she assumed it was the same everywhere else in the city. Think the Criminals are the only ones passing around dirty money? Half the time they recovered stolen goods or vehicles, it was the Enforcers she worked with who stripped it down and pawned the parts. Thanks to the various laws passed in the city, any corrupt Enforcer was given a badge and a gun and was allowed to legally break the law - funny how that works, huh? To Jess, the Enforcers were little more than gangsters with the law on their side.

Sure, some of them were good hearted people who honestly wanted to help others by stopping crime. Most weren't.

She grunted and let her hand down from her face, resting it on her belly. She was a bit bigger than most women you saw running around San Paro - she wasn't fat, but she had a bit extra on her frame. Her blouse was covered in spots of blood, most of it hers. She was lucky to have walked away with her life, and more than once during the beating she was sure she would be executed.

She wasn't going to put up with that any longer. No more law-abiding citizen act for her. It was rare to see someone who didn't break some kind of law on a daily basis - why should she be expected to do the same?

Not any more. Now, she would be the one the Enforcers were dispatched against. Now, she'd be the one with a bounty. Now, she'd be the one tagging police stations, smashing store fronts and doing drive-bys on bystanders who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Enforcers never really paid well anyway, she thought. And the health benefits were shitty, too.

She picked the burnt cigarette butt from her mouth and pushed herself away from the wall, moving over to a trash can. As she reached to throw away the butt, she stopped and looked at it.

Pinching it between two fingers, she flicked it onto the sidewalk rather than into the trash. Littering was probably the smallest crime one could commit in San Paro, but she had to start somewhere.
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Have To Start Somewhere Empty Re: Have To Start Somewhere

Post  Dice Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:12 am

"Ah, we all remember that first step down the path..."

Dice takes a swig from his glass, sets it down and moves the hair from his face. "You thought it was a pain in the ass working with those scumbag enforcers eh?" A slight grin began to show. "The parties just begun, so have a drink, grab a gun, load a clip and for God's sake don't forget to turn the safety off." He stands up pushes his glasses to his face, straightens his coat and begins to walk out. "Grab the check would you? Oh and I almost forgot...Your not in kansas anymore."

((Hello and welcome! Great to see another WoW player here, I've been playing since launch, but never tried RP in WoW, anyway, glad you decided to pick the crims over the bloody cops.))
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:08 am

(Great read. Interested to hear more from you. I also came across some of your posts as I quietly lurk the main APB boards. Some dogs sniff out a scent fast. I'll also mention that I go by a different name ICly as well, so if you want to be known as 'Jess,' I'll happily address you as that.)
    LupusIntus
    LupusIntus
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LupusIntus Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 pm

((OOC: ooooh, I really liked dis one. Can't wait to see more! Damn dirty enforcers...))
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

(I really can't wait to hear more of this. Great work - we'd be thrilled to have you. Welcome.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content