Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

12 Jurors + 1 Judge = No Chance.

Eron
    Eron
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

12 Jurors + 1 Judge = No Chance. Empty 12 Jurors + 1 Judge = No Chance.

Post  Eron Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 am

I gotta get out of this town. I can feel the heat coming from every corner, and I can see red and blue strobes when I close my eyes. They'll come at me with bats and bullets, metal cuffs, angry looks and pointed questions. I laugh, when I think about it. They're only gonna have one question for me, but they won't believe the answer. "I know it wasn't for the money, and it wasn't because you were mad, and I know you weren't drunk. So why did you do it?" At the time, I thought it was fun.

Now everyone's so dramatic! Nobody wants to party... So I gotta get out of this town. All I've got left are a couple different IDs, some stolen credit cards and this cheap suit my lawyer bought for my court date. But I've heard of a place called San Paro... and it sounds like a real blast.

Last edited by Eron on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and grammar errors.)
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

12 Jurors + 1 Judge = No Chance. Empty Re: 12 Jurors + 1 Judge = No Chance.

Post  Eleutherophobia Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 pm

//Entry: August 18th, 1998

It's hotter than hell; moving between towns again. Slept out back of a diner along the interstate last night. Sun's spilling out over everything, and nobody wants to take on a hitchhiker anymore. Headed west - I'll find work with Ed on the docks.

(Can't wait to hear more. Welcome.)
    Eron
    Eron
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Eron Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 pm

The dreams were so vivid - each time I looked out the window to see Honolulu or Guam, then a sudden cold sweat when I realized they turned the plane back to deliver me unto the Man...

But they were just dreams. I panicked my way to conciousness, much like one does when dreaming of urination. One look out the window and I can see the reassuring sights of runway signs in three different languages. But I'm not home-free, yet. There's too much heat to get cocky now. You never know when some maniac is going to gun the motor on an oversized musclecar and ram its eight-cylinder rage into the passenger-side of your ride. Or when he'll pile out of the smoking wreck to spray your shattered windshield with hot lead. Believe me, pal... I know four Russians who never saw it coming.

As if on cue, forty passengers leap from their seats and lunge towards the aisle, desperate to get free of this flying cigar. I resist the urge to join the fray... A few eternities later, I climb from the cramped seat, wander through the cabin, offer an insincere goodbye to the flight crew, climb the stuffy ramp to the gate and finally offer my papers to the cheerful, gap-toothed customs agent standing behind the very last barrier between me and a new lease on freedom.

"Biz'ness or preassah?" Huh? Oh! Right.

"Pleasure... and lots of it."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 am