Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Off-topic King!

Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Off-topic King! Empty Off-topic King!

Post  Chainer Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Some writing I found on my myspace blog for a while ago. Would love to hear what everyone thinks of it.

Juxtaposition:
    The connection between two amplifies. Time spent together forms an enclosure that the lovers may not escape. Time spent sharing careful glances at each other, ever understanding that the tie may never be severed. There at a small bistro in the middle of a congested city they confess their emotions, not caring who lays within earshot of the lovers. The rest of the world seemingly oblivious to the most important moment in their lives.

Time slows, the tendrils which control the ticking arms on the clock lose their strength. The seconds become minutes, which become hours as they are both seized by the moment. So precious this time is that nothing matters but the gaze they have set in their partners eyes.

Thick clouds roll over the city, bolts of lightning arch from tower to tower. The lovers giggle and take refuge inside the bistro, the man grabbing their food quickly and covering it as he holds the door open for his new found love.

I'm left standing there as the rain soaks me. My hair a sodden mess, the leather of my jacket rejecting the water as it beads off and drops to the ground to join the puddle forming around my feet; I shake my head, quickly driving the water on my face away. I form the conjecture within my perception, "Will I ever find this."

The barren sound of thunder welcomes me into it's bosom as I make my way down the street, accepting the weather as I accept my exile from love.

6-Gun Showdown:
    To find one unequivocally drawn into the breadth of my life would be a dream unto itself. The lack thereof is the theoretical downfall of existence within the human element. Perhaps one need not look outward; but within the build of our own actuality. Appraising myself, to look into what has produced the balanced results of an unduly (and ironically unbalanced) complicated equation. The net which confines one to a limited introspective view also allocates the ability to delve deeper than any seer could forecast.

A body with fragmentary tendencies with a mind equivalent to the body is how I endure. The catalyst in which I was revised time and time again is a constant within the a fore mentioned equation. Instability leads to stability; crawling before learning to walk, walking before learning to run; running before learning how to jump into the pyre of life.

The view to the interior of my life I have maintained has perhaps subverted me; or created someone who wholeheartedly desires nothing more than pure companionship and a requiem of commitment.
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Off-topic King! Empty Re: Off-topic King!

Post  Ecks Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:05 am

[Each word, sentence, stanza and paragraph as valuably insightful and worthwhile, as with the old network].

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm