Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New APB features Coming with 1.4.1

Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

New APB features Coming with 1.4.1 Empty New APB features Coming with 1.4.1

Post  Delinquent Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:45 pm

They posted some new features for the new patch, and then closed the threads so I can't just cut and past them here (they have pictures). Either way, here are the links to the new features and fixes to matchmaking that they are working on:

Threat

The Ready System
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

New APB features Coming with 1.4.1 Empty Re: New APB features Coming with 1.4.1

Post  Dice Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:09 pm

I don't really see the new threat system helping a lot. Even if you have a higher threat level that doesn't mean that you can take an extra person shooting at you. Bullets hurt regardless of threat level.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah, I don't really like either change. I like being able to pick and choose the missions I go on because I know the threats I can handle, and I don't like knowing that if the team is a high combined threat we will be pit against harder teams overall. It still does not seem to come out as even as I would like.
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Also, threat level does not always equal skill. You can have nights where you go up against nothing but newbies and roll them and climb in threat.
    Carlyle
    Carlyle
    Splashing the Wine
    Splashing the Wine

Post  Carlyle Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Yeah, I'm with you two. Don't like these changes.
    DevilDolly
    Thumbing Home
    Thumbing Home

Post  DevilDolly Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Last edited by DevilDolly on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Krycek
    Krycek
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Krycek Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:34 pm

DevilDolly wrote:What they should be doing is giving more information and more choice, not less. This is a half-assed decision by designers who are lookng solely at individual problem reports, not the game as a whole.

Roll on the takeover and a new design team. Shame CCP aren't in the bidding for this.
    I'm not entirely sure it is a shame.
    Current District: Social 1.
    Target District: Action Waterfront 5.
    # of taxis necessary to reach destination (avoiding PVP heavy zones and recent podkill locations): 42.
    ETA: 5 hours.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:44 pm

DevilDolly wrote:Roll on the takeover and a new design team. Shame CCP aren't in the bidding for this.

I like Eve, don't get me wrong, but it is also the prettiest spread sheet ever made. I have no idea what CCP is doing on the White Wolf game (Non-disclosure agreement keeps my buddy from telling me), but I am not entirely convinced that it will be a great game.

I did see that SoE is making an FPS MMO (The Agency) and although it looks like total shit, I can pretty much assure the MxO community in this game that it will mean that SoE won't be buying up this game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content