Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Morden
Dice
Mota
Chainer
Thorsten
Petra Bealer
Journey
Cr1m50n
DevilDolly
Delinquent
Lamette
15 posters

Find the fun is difficult...

DevilDolly
    Thumbing Home
    Thumbing Home

Find the fun is difficult... - Page 2 Empty Re: Find the fun is difficult...

Post  DevilDolly Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:42 am

Last edited by DevilDolly on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 pm

I understand the driving issue, Devil, but I thought it was because of the boobs reducing your turning radius and not lag.
    DevilDolly
    Thumbing Home
    Thumbing Home

Post  DevilDolly Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Last edited by DevilDolly on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lamette
    Lamette
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Lamette Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:53 am

I must be a masochist, I just bought enough points to renew for another 30 days.

Actually, it was DevilDolly's comments and the idea of RPing with enforcers. I'm trying to figure out creative things to say whenever I lose.
    Vaughan
    Vaughan
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Vaughan Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:04 am

Hey, I had fun hanging out and RPing with you and Zamara. I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around a while longer.
    Azrakel
    Azrakel
    Splashing the Wine
    Splashing the Wine

Post  Azrakel Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Delinquent wrote:Trust me, Journey, that guy / girl thing doesn't matter. I know Ana and Maxine are both guys in RL, but I still call them ladies, ma'am, miss, hun, and whore (though the last one is more toward Ana). Smile
    Yeah, I play a female in-game too (Myra).

Like other people in this thread, I get annoyed at the game too, particularly with the matchmaking system. I can't count the number of times that four threat 15, rank 300+, six level-three upgraded wallhackers have responded to dispatches against me while soloing (I rarely get in a group, it seems). That and accepting a call for backup only to have my teammate be afk or turning in cars... very irritating. But for the other 3/4s of the time, I enjoy the game a lot.
    Sadly my current dilemma isn't whether or not to renew because of the game itself, it's whether or not to renew because I'll be torn away from my precious gaming computer for all but the weekends when classes start at the end of September. Sad
    Hammerskald
    Hammerskald
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Hammerskald Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 am

I found my fun in the Shaw. I usually have a 50/50 die vs kill rate. The Shaw didn't help that any but I love watching everything around me explode.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:59 am

I love grouping with you, Myra, it always a good time. I have also spent some time with Zamara of late, and I need to find the time to get with Hammer as well. The biggest advantage that is also a disadvantage is the Vent. I know not all have a mic, and that is fine, but it tends to create an unintentional click. I have also observed that when the group verbally communicates they perform far better than when it is through text in the chat window.

I have had a conversation with Ele, Petra, and DevilDolly recently on the subject of complaints of the game. I beleive it was just after Chainer grew upset with Nickl, Dice, and Petra, but I was not there for the actual conversation (just the fill in from afterwards). During the conversation I made this simple point:

The game has plenty of flaws, and well all are well aware of them (this now includes financial troubles and lay offs). There is no issue in the occasional complaint that this flaw caused a mission to be a loss (such as a bad spot of the item) or mentioning hackers. However, constantly bringing it up has a direct impact on the amount of fun that others are able to have and makes it less desireable to not only play with the person, but play the game as well. During that conversation I had requested that the complaints be reduced to comments and not full on, bile filled conversations. It had grown to a point that I had reduced my desire to play, but thankfully since the conversation the complaints have reduced.

There was a thread started that talks about things to note while playing the game that will improve your game play. That is a great thread and should be looked over because the simple and basic things (Don't charge with an OBIR, slow down near the point, fire behind cover unless you are using an OCA or Shotgun, etc) will drastically improve the game that you are experiencing.

Last night, Dice, Navron, Zamara, and myself expereinced a great mission against four enforcers. We held a spot that was not particularly easy to defend and got into a fire fight that resulted in a high number of kills and assists, empty ammo casings (I had one bullet left), and laughter and fun both on Vent and in the Chat channel. We won the mission by the skin of our teeth but it was one of those missions that shows the true potential and excitement this game has to offer. If I had been in doubt (and I was not) then that mission would have sold me on the game once more.

We all need to find our fun, like in the above example. For people like DevilDolly it is the RP and clothing design in Social, for Me and people like Dice it is the constant action in the Financial and Waterfront districts, and there is even the fun of stalking RP enforcers which has been the focus of Navron's game of late. Find the nitch and enjoy it, I know I do and will continue to do so.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:08 am