Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Shattered

Abraxas
    Abraxas
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Shattered Empty Shattered

Post  Abraxas Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Markus Therion is my name. At least it used to be. When I was a kid, my parents told me to be kind and care for people no matter who they may be, for the greater good. I did just that. Even if I was terrified of the person I would still do my best to help them. I believed that if I did good, good things would come back my way. I went to church on Sunday, did my chores and helped around the house when needed. Years passed as I excelled through school, ignoring the drugs, violence, temptations to lead me off my path. Everything seemed to be going perfectly, but things can change instantly.

On the way home from school, fire trucks flew by in a hurry. I looked up ahead and a dark cloud of smoke was towering up to the sky. It looked to be coming up from my street. Terrified it was my house, I ran as fast as I could, praying that it wasn't what I was thinking. As I got to the corner, I looked down the street, only to see my house engulfed in flames. Panicking, I grabbed my cell to call my parents. The phone didn't even ring; all that was at the other end was the operator saying some shit about it not being in service. I tried again, taking my time to make sure it was dialed right. As I looked back at the burning house, it all made sense. Through the smoke, I could see my Dad's truck, on fire like everything else.

My heart sank to nothing.

They were gone. From then on I swore to find whoever was responsible and bring them to justice.

So I put myself through police foundations in college. Graduated top of my class and was hired instantly by the SPPD Division 11. "Officer Markus Therion." The sound of it just made me feel so empowered. Arresting criminals anywhere from mindless vandalism to murder. Officer Thomas Reynolds worked in the gang squad. I told him what happened to my parents when I was younger. He looked up the case and showed me the reports. They had a suspect. Michael Simeone was his name, leader of the Bloodroses. I talked to the Captain and got approved to be in the gang squad. I don't think he saw anyone that was that enthusiastic to be transferred.

Thomas knew where the hangouts were. Waited for a man named Devon Hake; he was only 18 years old and a middle man for Mr. Simeone. Soon as he came out we grabbed him and took him for a ride down by the docks. Thomas started beating him, trying to get him to talk. I didn't like this too much; it's not the way I was brought up. He talked and told us everything we wanted to know; found out about a club called Gaijin and a DJ that played there named Suji. Figured we were just going to leave him there, all bloody and broken.

But Thomas had different plans; he pulled his gun out and told Devon to swim. He took no time to respond and hopped in the water and swam roughly 30 feet out. Until Thomas shot him. I freaked out, screaming at him, this wasn't right at all. He may have done bad but surely didn't deserve that, hell he was just a kid. The next day Thomas called a meeting bringing in other gang squad members and some of the vigilante enforcers in the area. The plan was to raid the Gaijin at midnight, a known hideout and work front for the Bloodroses. The madness he was talking about was horrible, take out who ever looks to be part of the gang... for the greater good.

For the greater good? How is killing their little wanna-be kids that have no idea what they're even doing, for the greater good? They probably haven't even fired a gun in their life. Obviously, there were professional hitmen in there too, but they would just use the kids as shields. After seeing what Thomas did to Devon... I knew he wouldn't have a problem with it.

I didn't know what to do; I couldn't just let him massacre all the people in there. That's not why I became a cop. I became a cop to bring people in to justice, not kill them in cold blood. That just makes me as bad or worse than them. I couldn't bear knowing that I could have stopped this. I thought about it, long and hard. I knew what I had to do, I had to stop Thomas and his crew. It was about 11pm; I didn't have much time.

I booked it to the club knowing just being a cop alone in there might be the end of me but I couldn't let innocent people be killed like this. I demanded to see Suji. It wasn't the smartest thing, instantly I had over 20 guns pointed at me. Then a voice from up top gave an order to bring me up. Before he would let me speak, he wanted me to know how the Bloodroses stood. The fight for survival, how everything was going good... until the mayor passed the act legalizing vigilantism. Even the smallest offence could get you killed these days, all for the greater good. He explained how killing the problem was the only solution. The problem being me... and the Enforcers. I realized how corrupt the Enforcers were after listening to Suji. They were worse than the criminals, killing muggers, arsonists, car thieves and getting away with it because of the Act. If the Enforcers stopped all this corruption, things wouldn't be the way they are, there wouldn't be this much violence.

So now I find myself asking what the greater good really is. If the corrupt enforcers were gone there wouldn't be this inanity of a world. Only way to fix this is to stop them myself. My intention was to warn them and leave it be, but now I find myself pledging to the very people I swore to exterminate.

We made a plan and waited for the fight to come. Midnight struck. Still no sign of them. All the inexperienced were shaking in fear for this was their first true fight. Others... you could tell they had no problems with this for they were all smiling, looking down their sights of their weapons. Then it all started. Windows broke from all sides and explosions lit up the inside as the grenades went off. Everything was loud as thunder; everyone started to fire. I joined in - there was no turning back now. One, two, three, four... The enforcers fell down. Walking right into our ambush. Not 5 minutes went by and it was over. The cops were all down, some still alive but severely wounded. Some Bloodroses were killed, poor kids didn't stand much of a chance but fought for a cause they truly believed in. Suji and myself walked around, putting the poor Enforcers out of their misery. There he was, Thomas. He looked up at me as if he'd seen a ghost. Speechless. I put the gun to his head, told him "Enjoy Hell I'll be seeing you there soon." Pulled the trigger and his brains shot out along the floor.

From then on in, I would no longer be known as Markus Therion for Abraxas was born.
    Navron
    Navron
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Shattered Empty Re: Shattered

Post  Navron Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Meh tink ya gon be true bret'ren. Meh wan see you roll wit' I an' I fa t' show dem 'farcers wha' really gon' on wit' us na.

((Awesome story. Almost similar to the one I was trying to write up for Navron. Here's your official welcome. Smile ))
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:51 am

(Very much so. I'm thrilled to see that you decided to join our ranks, after having toured the city alongside you for quite some time.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content