Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Arkiya
Eleutherophobia
6 posters

Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread

Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread Empty Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 am

Does anyone else play? I picked it up a few days ago, and am completely addicted after really disliking CoD4, and only playing World at War because I got from a friend.

Last edited by Eleutherophobia on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arkiya
    Arkiya
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread Empty Re: Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread

Post  Arkiya Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 am

I'm mostly a single-player person. I loved the single-player campaigns for CoD4 and 5 (though 5 was notably weaker due to it being Treyarch). MW2 was equally impressive. However, one of my TF2 clan members talked me into trying the multi-player, and I really enjoyed it. I don't play as much anymore as I did right after launch, but every once in awhile I'll jump in.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread Empty Re: Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread

Post  Eleutherophobia Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Yeah, I'm actually playing through the campaign right now, as I had only stuck to the multiplayer. I'm enjoying it way more than I expected (and way more than World at War's).
    Arkiya
    Arkiya
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Arkiya Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:42 pm

I have to admit, the thing I loved about WaW despite its weaker Treyarch creation was... Gary Oldman.
    Not that I am unnaturally obsessed with one of the greatest living actors.

...Certainly not.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:49 pm

I would argue that there is one...quite glaring blemish on his record.

Call of D...Nevermind, Gary Oldman thread 115759__fifth_l
    Arkiya
    Arkiya
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Arkiya Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 am

Whether or not the movie was to your personal preference, his acting was perfect to the director's specification. If you don't like it, you have to blame the director, because Oldman's a true artist. Is that look, accent, mannerism, pitch of voice, etc. easily recognizable as the same person between any two movies? Nope. I didn't like Bosque de Sombras either, but not only did the man learn flawless Spanish for the role, he learned it with the accent of his character (who isn't native to Spain). Most people, even when looking, have trouble identifying him from role to role.

Sadly, there are only a handful of chameleon actors out there. Even fewer who are flawless when it comes to accents. I have great respect for them, as they are rare indeed (only a few come to mind). I suppose it doesn't pay to truly become the role, when Hollywood pays for easily recognizable faces/voices to feed the masses and drive the box office.

AND -Thread Successfully Derailed-

Now. Back on track: You don't want to play MW2 with me, I use dual shotguns. I'm that person.
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Back on topic for the Gary Oldman thread...

Mostly sure you'd already know Ark, though just incase not; that he'd be playing what I think is one of the closest out of all so far, yet not quite there of allowing him the artistic freedom of expression more than deserved in the Book of Eli, in just a few days.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Ecks wrote:Back on topic for the Gary Oldman thread...

Mostly sure you'd already know Ark, though just incase not; that he'd be playing what I think is one of the closest out of all so far, yet not quite there of allowing him the artistic freedom of expression more than deserved in the Book of Eli, in just a few days.

Additionally, Tom Waits will be making a small appearance.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:59 pm

@Eleutherophobia: 'Book of Eli' : Washington and Oldman excellent as expected, Kunis surprised with great performance, Waits and McDowell had perfect cameos.
    Anathema
    Anathema
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Anathema Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:45 am

Really? You don't like The Fifth Element? I always get a kick out of it.
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Bruce Willis is a badass. Nuff said.
    LupusIntus
    LupusIntus
    Useless Mutt
    Useless Mutt

Post  LupusIntus Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Ditto, brother.

Bruce Willis = Freakin' Amazing

Also, The Fifth Element was GREAT
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah I liked the fifth element a lot. Not a favorite, but its good.

Bruce Willis in Stylo by the Gorillaz
    Anathema
    Anathema
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Anathema Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:24 pm

Bruce Willis is awesome in Twelve Monkeys. Was great to see him play the vulnerable character.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:18 am