Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time!

Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time! Empty Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time!

Post  Tripp Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 pm

You heard right! There's now free time now for Fallen Earth from the 21st to the 4th! Just gotta claim it by the 4th.
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time! Empty Re: Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time!

Post  Tripp Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 pm

So.... Do we happen to have a Rain Dog group on FE? Curious because I'll fire one up if there isn't. The game is more my pace on there but don't want to abandon this wonderful group of players.
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time! Empty Re: Just an FYI, Free Fallen Earth Time!

Post  Delinquent Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:40 pm

I checked out the game and doubt I will touch it. Burnt out, post apocalyptic worlds are getting to be as overdone as WWII games. Still, enjoy your time in that game if it entertains you.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 pm

We don't. But I do plan on using a bit of this free time.
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:48 pm

In all honesty. Post-Nuclear War setting is relativity new in terms of popularity if you ask me. The genre has been around for awhile but not many has touched it due to WW2 and and other settings being more popular. What sets it out from others is that you can -craft- your gear if you can't buy it. The crafting sets it out from all the rest in terms of MMOs. What also is interesting is how rep works on there is no different then what gaining rep was like on Freelancer.

Either way. My character on there is Trippy Lee. Haven't played since March but having alot more fun on there then soloing and getting shot up for putting my best foot or stub forward on APB.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:32 pm

It is not just games that have filled the market. Starting with movies like Mad Max (which was barely post apocolyptic at all) and coming more modern to movies like Waterworld and The Book of Eli, the genre has been around a long while. Games like Crytalis, Fall Out, Metro 2033, and Bad Lands have also used this to showcase the genre (the first in the list dating back to the late 80's early 90's). I know there are limited genre's to choose from, but when the industry finds one that is popular they tend to kill it off and that results in me not having interest in the games...

That and APB is my MMO of choice. Smile
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Delinquent wrote:It is not just games that have filled the market. Starting with movies like Mad Max (which was barely post apocolyptic at all) and coming more modern to movies like Waterworld and The Book of Eli, the genre has been around a long while. Games like Crytalis, Fall Out, Metro 2033, and Bad Lands have also used this to showcase the genre (the first in the list dating back to the late 80's early 90's). I know there are limited genre's to choose from, but when the industry finds one that is popular they tend to kill it off and that results in me not having interest in the games...

That and APB is my MMO of choice. Smile

I can has FFXIV, TOR, and Jumpgate?!
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm looking for a new MMO to come home and waste time on like I did with WoW when I got out of the hospital/military in 08. APB is fun if you have a group of players together. 80% the time I find myself soloing on there now while most everybody in the clan is working on rep with people who are higher then me so I am just working on Org. rep that I could get by just mad jacking cars in financial district. But again, I only play this game to RP. So in truth, I found a group of mature players I really like but most are involved in a game I just find myself being the 1 in 1vs4. So, pretty much moving onto another game. I'll still log on if there is an RP event.
    Reginold
    Reginold
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Reginold Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Hey Tripp, I'm with ya on that one. APB is bland to be honest. Maybe I'll be back in a couple months or so. Maybe not. Good luck, rain dogs!
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:00 am

Damn Thread Jackers...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:20 am