Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucid Dreams

Molly
    Molly
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Lucid Dreams Empty Lucid Dreams

Post  Molly Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:39 am

I will become a dreamnaught.

Lucid Dreams 12789711

So, my friend has found this wonderful set of instructions on how to induce lucid dreaming. This is something I am truly interested in, and simultaneously terrified of.

If you have ever experienced sleep paralysis, it is truly a horrifying experience. Often times, the inability to move or speak is followed by absolutely bone-chilling hallucinations. People have said that they have witnessed shadowy figures sitting on their chest, or staring at them from the corner of their room.

This didn't phase me, of course, because I am fearless.

The other night, I followed the instructions as per requirement. I laid perfectly still, hands at my side and eyes closed. I had taken every precaution, shutting my closet door and turning on my light. As my thoughts raced, I felt my body get heavier, and soon I had lost my mobility. I had achieved sleep paralysis.

And I had forgotten to listen to my iPod as I slept.

I refused to open my eyes, too afraid to witness whatever hallucinations appeared before my eyes. My brain, the crafty bastard, began exploiting my only weakness. The silence that had existed in my empty ears. I began hear whispers, incoherent and quick, like demon-worshippers muttering a chant. I was stricken with fear, and screamed at my brain to rouse me from this paralyzed state. The whispers faded as my limbs regained their mobility

Needless to stay, my eyes remained closed until the sun rose.

That was a couple days ago, and I'm trying to cool down. The experience was quite the shocker, as I wasn't even sure it was going to work. But it did, and I'm wishing it didn't.

But I will remain strong! After I am done being scared shitless for the next couple days, I will try again!

Anyways, I figured I would share this with anyone who would like to become a dreamnaught with me so we could share our experiences. It would be great to see what other people achieve or experience in a dream where you can do anythinf you damn well please. I hope my encounter didn't shirk you too much from trying this

Happy Dreaming!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:42 pm