Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Thorsten
Kat
6 posters

aloha

Kat
    Kat
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

aloha Empty aloha

Post  Kat Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I decided to delete the big post I'd written, so if you were expecting something more to be here, sorry! I vacillate between loving this game and hating some of the people who play it daily. I'm really tired of running into people who can't control themselves, especially when you get dispatched to help them, so I'm just going to back off again. I'm wondering how many times I can get sick of this before I quit, lol

Hello, though! I wish it was possible to easily run into other people who play the game the same way I do. You have a really nice setup here. =)
    Thorsten
    Thorsten
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

aloha Empty Re: aloha

Post  Thorsten Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Kat,

Try not to be discouraged! I know it can very frustrating and some of the people are complete tools. If you join the clan, roll with us and see how you like it Wink
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Excellent to hear you may have come across, here, somewhere altogether more civilised and welcoming.
    Further, still, that you may be favourable of the composition of what makes it so.

If I may suggest to take a look through the 'Used Books and Literature' section of the site with some story-telling and innovation of literature which may be found as intrigueing - and, perhaps with time, would entirely look forward to reading through something of your own. The alternative being to enjoy your stay as a guest of practice rather than prose, or both - in which case; later, in game.
    Kat
    Kat
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Kat Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:38 am

I had written a very detailed post at about 4:30 - 5 in the afternoon, but when I deleted it was after this idiocy happened.

I think I am going to just turn the VOIP off and leave it off because what happened last night that made me lose my temper was someone acting like a complete 'roid-raging child because he turned into a bounty mid-mission. His name turned yellow as he was running back through a narrow part of two buildings, and one of the other people who was up on a roof emptied a clip into him, then when he ran out to where he was in my field of vision with my sniper rifle, I shot him once, and it killed him.

Stuff like that, I laugh about, but this guy felt like it was worth screaming and raging about, and I'd had enough and told him to grow up etc. etc. over VOIP back at him. I'm tired of people raging and tearing down people who are trying to help them rather than laughing about it. It's happened on both sides.

I love this game, but the way people act in it just makes me wonder why would I choose to spend more money on it than what I already did which often feels like a stupid mistake.

Last edited by Kat on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kat
    Kat
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Kat Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:58 am

So, some questions for you guys...

How many play every day, and translating to US Eastern, what times are people typically around?
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 am

Eh. You live and learn, life moves on from one rager to the next. Sure, we all have our run-ins with them; and if you're like me you're going to call them out on it. Best ability to have in any game: the ability to say 'oh well' and remember that you're hangin' with a good group of people.

Edit: I'm on sporadically, typically for not very long. Usually thursday - sunday are the best times to find me.

Last edited by Chainer on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Thorsten
    Thorsten
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Thorsten Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 pm

I play every day, though sometimes I'm not on as much as usual. I usually play 9-12pm EST.

Today's Thorsten background music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2yYyXDKLE&NR=1
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:13 am

Meh. I'm online sometimes but good to finally meet an old school gamer! My thing back in the day was mostly wing commander series. My thing about this game is it's all PvP and no PvE but it's understandable when the maker of the game made the original GTA series. So when it comes to PvP, my competive side comes out and then the old SEALs CO comes out where a mistake in-game is no different then a fuck up and will bluntly point that out. EST here also.
    Kat
    Kat
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Kat Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 pm

I am through with it, but I wish I had met you all sooner. Seeing someone joke about raping 8 year old girls in district chat today, then defending doing that, then saying it was being too sensitive to object & knowing that RTW is fine with people acting like that insofar as they have negligible customer service and have allowed the environment to grow that passively condones that kind of behavior was the last straw. I can't be a part of this kind of crap.

Please feel free to delete this thread as if I were never here so I'm not a downer!

Good luck!
    Tripp
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Well, there goes that chance to relate to an old gamer... *goes back playing X-COM*
    Thorsten
    Thorsten
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Thorsten Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:20 pm

District is a cesspool! You've found a community of cool rpers! I hope that if you read this you think about putting all those District TROGLODYTES on ignore and gaming with us!
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Indeed. District is spams and angry kids. I really do urge you to reconsider.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:16 am