Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

View from the other side

Thorsten
    Thorsten
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

View from the other side Empty View from the other side

Post  Thorsten Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:43 am

I played on the Enforcer side for the first time today and I thought I'd share my perceptions.

On the whole, it was more fun and much less stressful. I think this was because as a criminal, you're trying to get something done and the enforcers just keep screwing with you. You know you're going to get camped by who knows how many people. Sometimes you get APB'd just standing by your contact. You can't even check your mail without dealing with it. As an enforcer that bs just wasn't there.

I got on a team much more easily playing enforcers than as a criminal.

The criminals' themes were WAY COOLER didn't SUCK. I was surprised. As a criminal, the enforcers' themes are so bad I have turned my sound off multiple times. There was no smacktalk from the criminals, no bullshit.

Of course I wasn't getting stunned every 5 seconds and then shot after being arrested, which added to the positivity of the overall experience, and yes, criminals rammed my car without provocation. I don't blame them.

The only bullshitty thing was that we were often matched against people who completely outclassed us. We had noob guns, they had rocket launchers. We didn't have any upgrades, they had six. Brrrp, brrrp, and down we went. Good thing they had cool themes. It was boring and frustrating. I don't know how the game mechanics work in this regard, but a new person on the same team went down with a few shots while the people with the upgrades you had to pour bullets into even to make them go away. Even with two against one, he just killed us both with a couple of short bursts. All hail the upgrade gods.

Anyway, that's it.

Claire
    Claire
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

View from the other side Empty Re: View from the other side

Post  Claire Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 am

I've played up to at least rank 30 as an Enforcer before. I agree with many of your points, except for the being more fun part. After a while it becomes rather bleak. I think Crims have it best in terms of having more ways to make money and the general sense of chaos and mayhem. I am so attuned to not caring if I drive over civilians that when I played enforcer I was lowering my prestige rating constantly.

All in all the best thing about playing enforcer has to be the fact that you don't have to fight against stuns, and you don't get random APBs. I agree that you do feel like you own the city... until you face up against a crim group who owns you. Which happened to me quite a bit. lol
    The ability to be nonsensical and just hang around without the worry of random APBs is awesome. I still prefer to be a Crim. Very Happy
    Thorsten
    Thorsten
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Thorsten Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Criminal is way cooler and significantly more challenging. The criminals in that instance showed themselves to be more mature, more interesting and with a better sense of style than the enforcers I've been playing against as Thorsten. Not having to face stunners means I can just get in there with my shotguns and close range weapons. I think playing enforcer will be my mellow out time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 pm