Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dice
Dunedin
6 posters

The Bin

Dunedin
    Dunedin
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

The Bin Empty The Bin

Post  Dunedin Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:57 am

Because I couldn't think of a proper title.

Any who...

The Bin Dunedin-APB4

I have a habit of trying to make this tattoo/face design whenever I'm presented with an editor, but kinda wanted input on whether or not it really 'fits'.

Thoughts?
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

The Bin Empty Re: The Bin

Post  Dice Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 am

It "fits" if it goes with your character. You don't need other peoples opinions. If you dig the way it feels then keep it.
    But if you want opinions anyway, I think its great.
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:01 am

It definitely fits. Though, it doesn't really look like a tattoo right now - I would perhaps recommend darkening the blue color, then bringing down the opacity of the design as a whole.
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Eleutherophobia wrote:It definitely fits. Though, it doesn't really look like a tattoo right now - I would perhaps recommend darkening the blue color, then bringing down the opacity of the design as a whole.

Agreed. People tend to leave the tattoo's at 100% opacity which results in the tattoo having that just got out of the chair look. That is fine in the first couple of weeks, but a tattoo will fade a bit eventually. I take mine all down to about 90% which gives them just a hint of the faded look that they will naturally get as a layer of skin grows over the ink.

Also, Ele is right on the blue. Blue tattoo ink tends to be slightly darker because it takes more for it to display properly.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Depends on the age of the Tattoo. If you look at Sephrs' Tattoos closely, you'll notice that some seem faded while others (Being that of the angel on his shoulder and the Rose on his opposing arm) are quite dark. Almost as if the skin is still raw from the repeated needle punctures.

Fun Fact as well: Red and Blue are the two ink colors that have the least longevity. They fade to green in a matter of a few years when compared to others.
    Dunedin
    Dunedin
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Dunedin Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Oki, I'll be changing that a bit then.

Was concerned the look might make her seem too artificial. The original design as I normally draw it actually glows, wasn't quite meant for normal tattoo design. tongue
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Or it could be facepaint, which would be more vibrant-like. Take for instance clowns and the guy from the Crow, wait you say that was makeup? lulz I like it and like dice says, if you like it keep it. Don't worry what others will think clown

I'm going to make a Darth Maul outfit/face-paint for a halloween costume when the time comes. dont copy me or i'll stab yoo hahaha drunken

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:17 pm