Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A Touch of Magic

HammerofJustice
    HammerofJustice
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

A Touch of Magic Empty A Touch of Magic

Post  HammerofJustice Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:12 pm

((Hello, everyone. I'm not very good with stories, so I hope a bit of a detailed description of the character will do. I'm an experienced role player with about three years under my belt, this includes forum RP, tabletop RP, and RP on various MMORPGs, including APB itself. I'm applying to join this clan as trying to find RP amidst the endless parade of "OMG NOOB U HAX" is worse than looking for a needle in several large haystacks that are on fire. I can be contacted on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/thehammerofjustice/ follow the link and add me as a friend. I can also be contacted on Skype, under the username "kurahammerofjustice". My in game names on APB are Lyndon (enforcer, LaRocha) and Ratel (Criminal, LaRocha), and with that, I've rambled about myself too much, on to the character.)

Everybody yearns for freedom. For Ratel, that freedom is found on the rooftops of San Paro. Parkour is her hobby and her life, though most wouldn't guess that from looking at her. Her sturdy frame and body seem more suited to heavy lifting, nevertheless, her frame provides a sharp contrast against the lithe and slender freerunners that one would think of. Her skills hopping the roofs led to her notice by several small gangs of criminals. In exchange for money or possibly other rewards, she'll move your package from point A to point B without ever touching the streets. Needless to say, a year or two of this lifestyle has led her to pick up a gun and join the real fight on the streets, all the while maintaining the use of her hobby, she's a skilled sharpshooter, using her agility to get to high and out of reach places to snipe. Though she has no true sympathy or loyalty to the criminals, she has a particular grudge against the enforcers. She may seem lackadaisical or frivolous, possibly even whimsical or at worst, outright insane to most, and that's because she is. Her lack of concern for her own safety leads many to believe she has no care whether she lives or dies, but this isn't exactly true. A few years of family trauma and possibly a few too many books and TV shows has had quite the effect on her psyche. Ratel believes that she is under the protection of some kind of witch, and has adorned her body with various magical symbols and seriously studies various occult topics. Her sturdy body and tenacious personality and mindset have gotten her out of many a life or death situation, only furthering her absurd beliefs. Get to know her, however, and she's actually a caring individual who values a true friend greatly. Her main goal is not to topple law and order, but to cripple the real power of San Paro. Her grudge against the enforcers is dwarfed by her hate for corporate propaganda, and she firmly believes that the corporations of San Paro have the entire city in their pockets.

((These sorts of applications aren't my forte. Hopefully I did better than I think I did. I look forward to hearing from the clan!))

Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

A Touch of Magic Empty Re: A Touch of Magic

Post  Ecks Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:23 pm

(Entirely enjoying what you may have written so far; moreso, what it may express.
    An invariably unique perspective of something perhaps so inevitably a traditional consideration. Looking forward to reading more of this character
    ).
    HammerofJustice
    HammerofJustice
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  HammerofJustice Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:24 am

((Ah, thank you. It's nice to hear that. I was ah, worried, to say the least. XD))
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:55 am

(Ecks's's's comments could not ring more true. Welcome to the Rain Dogs.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am