Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bounty Hunted

Sushin
    Sushin
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Bounty Hunted Empty Bounty Hunted

Post  Sushin Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:43 am

Joining you guys has inspired me to write, so I've given it a try. It's not done but I need some time to think about what happens next and stuff like that. I want to post what I have done here for criticism and comments, since I haven't written creatively in a while, so feel free to tell me what you think. =3

Oh, it's really actiony but I have story planned. This was the most prominent part in my head at the moment and I wanted to get it down.

Hanmio locked eyes with her parner, senseing his intentions. She let her arms brace for the guns recoil before she saw his gun raise in her direction. In a flash, Hanmio raise the gun up and squeezed the trigger as tightly as she could. A single bullet wizzed past her head as a hail of bullet filled her former ally.

She watched him crash into the pavement in a cloud of blood, while attempting to assess her situation. A bounty was placed on her head. She had no one on her side, and soon the whole city would be closing in on her position. Was this bounty really worth the friendship he gave up?

The only thing in her mind was survival after the she collected herself. She released the clip in her gun and let it fall on to the pavement before loading another one into it. After she cocked it, she stood up and ran for the street, not sure what to do. There was no place to hide when you had a bounty on your head.

Hanmio pointed her MP5K at the first car she saw, leaving the driver scrambling from her van and making a mad dash for her life. Hanmio made an equally uncoordinated leap into the vehicle, shutting the door and putting on her seatbelt, setting her gun on the seat next to her, along with some grenades clipped to the rim of her jeans. She knew things would get ugly on her ride, for all she could do now was run.

As she sped down the street, she wondered if she was just prolonging the inevitable. If she would live 5 minutes, or an hour. That's when a bullet passed through the car's rear window. Hanmio peeked at her rear view mirror and saw a glimpse of a man sitting on a pursuing car door, his pistol raised right at her. She hunched over so her nose was nearly touching the steering wheel as bullets pelted the back of her car, reaching into the cabin. She could almost feel the bullets peircing through the seats and into her back, anticipating the bullet's feirce bite with each cracking noise it made into the metal and the glass.

As she sped down the street, she was turning heads. She felt like every single person she passed was eyeing her like a hungry animal. The stress was getting to her, but she knew she didn't live this long because of luck. She slowed down her speeding car to grab a grenade from the passenger side seat, placed there for easy access. Switching the grenade from her right to her left hand, switching command of the steering wheel to the other, she pushed the window button. Hanmio bit on the pin, letting it fall to her lap. She shook the grenade briefly so the handle fell off, counting. One...Two...Three.

She tossed it out of the window on three. With a four second fuse, Hanmio had counted the time from her and the pursuing car, and knew one second was perfect. She would have seen how spot on her timing was first hand if she wasn't worried about the unpredictable shrapnal killing her, as well as the men on her tail.

After the thundering explosion, she looked in her mirror to see the beaten car shrinking as she drove off. A bit of glee rose in her stomach, but was quickly replaced by the situation at hand. She needed to calm down. The half minute felt like a half hour. She slowed her car a bit as she took some turns through the city, but slammed on the breaks as an incoming car drove head on into hers. She braced herself for the impact, recovering fast enough to see the siren on the hood of the vehicle, and a man with an eyepatch in the driver side of the car. She grabbed her gun a split second after the collision and propped it against the dash board. His eye, surpirsed with terror, made contact with hers right before her vision was replaced with the cracked glass of the windshield. She closed her eyes reflexively as her face was pelted with tiny glass shards that came from the bullets ripping through the glass, out of her car and into his. She stopped, opening her eyes and leaning to see blood staining his windshield.

Last edited by Sushin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited 1st paragraph)

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:47 am