Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Nyte's Vision

Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Nyte's Vision Empty Nyte's Vision

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 am

Dusk. A cityscape pans into view.

A lone figure stands on the edge of a skyscraper looking off into the horizon.
    Its darker than usual thanks to some rain clouds. The man looks up as it starts to rain. He smiles as the
    rain falls on his face. The man in his early twenties is shirtless on the roof, each drop of rain cool and
    refreshing on this warm summers night.

A sudden boom of thunder rang in the distance. Without warning a flash of light broke the darkness as
    lightning danced across the sky. The new source of light showcased the figures tribal tattoos. A pair of
    tribal wings sat on top of his shoulder blades with the sharp curving design edging down his left shoulder
    and ending near the elbow. He was fairly muscular.

Another crash of thunder sounded and the figure calmly took one step off the edge of the roof. Free falling
    from the sixy story building the man leaned forward and brought his hands over his head, as if he was diving into an ocean. At
    the last second a pair of black feathered wings sprout out of the mans back. With one fluid movement he stopped just
    inches from the street, hovering with the graceful wings imposing behind him.

I woke up sweating in the passenger seat of my brothers car.

"Finally awake?" he said as he saw me move ever so slightly. "It's 'bout time, we're going to be there soon.
    The sign said San Paro is the next exit."

"I had that vision again..." I started. "You mean dream. It is only a dream brother" he cut me off. "I don't know
    why you call it a vision." "Because I have it all the time now, everytime I shut my eyes I see myself walk off a building!" I retorted.

"Well you do get wings, it's not like you die." My brother snapped with a grin.

A crash of thunder sounded in the distance. Again, as if the thunder was some forebarer of light; a vivid bolt of lightning lit the sky. Looking from the car I saw it.

The same cityscape from my vision.

"I'm home" I whisphered under my breath.

I'm free now.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Nyte's Vision Empty Re: Nyte's Vision

Post  Nytewing Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:33 pm

As we pulled into San Paro's waterfront district my brothers beat down excuse of a car seemed to fit right in.
    We heard sirens blairing off in the near distance. "Sounds like its getting closer." I told my brother. "Yeah, your
    right," he looked in the rear view mirrior. "Oh shit!" he finished. Turning around I almost couldn't believe what I saw.

There right down the street not 2 blocks from us, a fierce chase was taking place. A super-charged matte
    black sports car with a red rose and bold lettering "Blood Roses" came barreling past us. The roar of it's
    engine was deafening. The rider in the passenger seat was hanging out of the window with what looked like
    a modified AK-47. He pulled the trigger, the gun shots were so loud they drowned out the sirens of the car chasing them.

"We need to get the hell out of here!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. Even then I could barely hear myself.
    "Thanks Captain obvious." My brother would be the one joking at a time like this. A trait I picked up from him when
    we grew up in our hometown. Pittsburgh seemed like a million miles away from here.

My brother hit the gas, "Hold on" The old tires started to spin in place, not used to the strain of the sudden burst
    of speed. They made a screech and we swerved past the cars stopped in front of us.

I wished we stayed their now, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

The cop car came out of no where and rammed straight into our car at a blinding speed. We started to barrel roll
    out of control. They hit us on the drivers side. I must have blacked out. The next thing I can remember was crawling
    out of the twisted wreck.

Music.

Was I dead? Am I in heaven?

It's still raining, no I'm alive. Barely. Jack!? "JACK!" I yelled with no answer. "Brother!" I called. Still no
    answer.

"What the fuck we're you thinking?" An unfamiliar voice came from the distance. It was one of the cops. The music must be coming from their car.
    "You let them get away!" "Lets kill this one, I don't want to fill out more damn paper work." his partner chimed in. "Now your talking."
    The first cop replyed pulling his gun on me.

"Wai.."

BOOM

The cop stood there for a second. Blood started to run down his face. "Wha?" The partner said as he ran back to radio
    for backup. Then I saw them, the two Blood Roses came back. "Tsk tsk" one of them said and shot the second cop point blank.

"Thanks for the help, those enforcers are just criminals with badges" he continued. I nodded still in shock, not
    really hearing what he said. I ran to the other side of our car which was upside down and on fire. I saw him laying
    there with two bullet holes in his back. "They must have gotten him while you were out." The other Rose said. "Did
    you know him?" "He was my brother." I answered him. A new rage burning in my heart. "Damn" he said.

More sirens came from what seemed like everywhere.

"Come with us" They said.

I was reborn that night in the rain. From then on I was known only as Nyte. The old me died with my brother.

I got into the Rose's car as my old ride blew up and we sped off into the darkness of San Paro.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 am

OOC

Hi all, the names Jesse; Jess for short. I guess this is my app since the other one was writing from a different game tongue
    Comments always welcome. The story continues over here ~ The Wanderer

APB rocks! The Rain Dogs rock even more!!
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:39 pm

An almost familiar transition it would seem, from the shores of old, to the metropolis of San Paro; through an eventfully descriptive and colloquially processed translation.

Should this city prove to be as settling a home, as your previous - welcome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 am