Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Vaughan
Kat
Petra Bealer
Nytewing
Delinquent
Cynthetic
Dice
Chainer
Ecks
Eleutherophobia
Domino
15 posters

Cars that should be in APB but aren't

Domino
    Domino
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Cars that should be in APB but aren't Empty Cars that should be in APB but aren't

Post  Domino Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Although this thread exists on the Evolved forums, it's bloated and spammy. I thought we could start a discussion on the cars we would like to see in-game, here. I'll begin:

2001 Mercedes-Benz SL (Or any convertible, jagged roadster)
    2005 Scion xB (Great for ads and large designs)
    2005 Cadillac CTS (A modern, four-door sedan other than the one in-game currently)
    2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse (We have bubble-shaped sports cars, but there is always room for more)
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Cars that should be in APB but aren't Empty Re: Cars that should be in APB but aren't

Post  Eleutherophobia Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 pm

1995 Eagle Talon / Mitsubishi Eclipse (My current car)
    2006 Jaguar XK (Convertible would be sublime)
    1995 Mazda RX-7
    1977 Triumph TR6 or 1970 MG MGB (Once again, would be a great option to have the top down)
    1965 Lincoln Continental (Though, the boat we have in-game now is pretty close)
    1960(-ish) Volkswagen Beetle
    1985 Mercedes-Benz W114
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Cars that should be in APB but aren't Empty Re: Cars that should be in APB but aren't

Post  Ecks Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:01 am

It would be nice to see, at least for myself, a selection of almost luxury saloons with a subtlety of style and confidence of performance from an articulately substantial outfitting. The imagination of such a vehicle indicating toward not often finding itself in a situation where such would be required - rather, reserved for when such moments of exceptional speed and handling would be adequately preferable.

A combination and individualisation of:
    Mercedes Benz Brabus E Class,
    Lexus 460H,
    Chrysler 300C Continental.

However, I would also be very much looking forward to being able to explore, further, the city of San Paro outwith perhaps any form of transportation - those locations and places less-visible, more accessible and entirely rewarding in their discovery; able to be experienced much more richly from the subjective perspective of pedestrianisation.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Aston Martin DB9 Carbon Fiber
    Lamborghini Merchialargo
    BMW M3
    Bugatti Veyron
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:19 am

1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:11 am

Rolls-Royce Phantom
    Audi A8 TDi V8
    Ascari A10
    And the ultimate car - Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni - Ditch the 4-wheel system, paddle shift, and return to a proper gear-box.

If you're a horrible driver, or for some sort of 'reward'... Reliant Robin

I'm also very surprised, Ele, that you picked the RX-7 ('95) vs. the modern class sport-car RX-8 for boosted power/handling.
    Cynthetic
    Cynthetic
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Cynthetic Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:01 pm

1969 Ford Mustang - the only year it had four separate headlights.
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

M1A2 Abrams.

(Yes I know its not a car, but it would make one hell of a PAIN TRAIN.)
    Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

Post  Delinquent Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:27 pm

2010 Volkswagen R32
    2008 Dodge Magnum SRT/8
    2010 Dodge Charger SRT/8
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2010 Chevrolet ZR1 Corvette
    2010 Vauxhall Insignia
    2010 Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG Black
    2008 Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster
    2009 Lamborghini LP640
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Delinquent wrote:2008 Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster

MOAR HYPERCARS. That is all.
    Nytewing
    Nytewing
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Nytewing Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Dice wrote:MOAR HYPERCARS.

Yes.
    Petra Bealer
    Petra Bealer
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Petra Bealer Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:10 am

Personally, and call me weird if you want, but I could do without the hypercars. It kinda hurts suspension of disbelief a bit... you know, "oh look, that Enforcer gang just rolled up in a tenth of the world's total production of Veyrons... right..."

Personally, I'd like more variety in some of the "classes" of things. The Cisco strikes me as vaguely Audi TTish even though it's shaped completely wrong for that... so let's see some other things of that general scale. Boxster, 350Z, RX-8, stuff like that. Similarily, the Bishada is pretty clearly a standin for the Mk4 Supra... I mean, look at it. So other things of its class. More luxury cars too; CTS-V was mentioned, you can fill in others I suppose.

Also, I have to imagine things like breakdowns with damage, or maybe by some random chance. Say, the FD RX-7 standin is a bit more agile and faster than the other things in its class, but there's a random chance whenever you start it that the turbo system won't work until you fix it, cutting the speed in half. Or the British sports car standins, there's a chance that they won't start right away. Part of me has to be really amused at the idea of the game requiring people to tap the "accelerate" key to pump the gas to get some of the older cars started. Twisted Evil

Actually, that'd be great scope for new upgrades... engine changes of various sorts that hurt reliability. Say you take your Vegas G20 and add an "engine work" upgrade; represents new heads, intake manifold, carb, lumpier cam, etc etc etc. So now it goes faster and accelerates harder, but it's harder to start, and sometimes the engine dies when sitting still idling.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am

I like the normal cars as well as the super cars. To that regard, here are some other cars that need to be added:

Plymouth Super Bird
    Plymouth GTO
    Hemi Cuda
    Chevrolete Camaro (1969 - 1973)
    Chevy Nova
    Mazda 3
    Nissan Sentra
    Toyota Corolla
    Toyota AE86
    BMW 1 Series (without the factory defect that caused it to be recalled)
    Buick Century
    Lincoln Continental
    Cadillac STS and CTS (if there was a CTS style car in this game I would sell all the other cars I have and only drive that one)
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Delinquent wrote:I like the normal cars as well as the super cars. To that regard, here are some other cars that need to be added:

Hemi Cuda
    Cadillac CTS

Hello Hemi Cuda. I love you so.
    Rob Halford from Judas Priest drives a CTS, millions of dollars and he chooses to drive a CTS. Credibility to the car right there.
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Dice wrote:Rob Halford from Judas Priest drives a CTS, millions of dollars and he chooses to drive a CTS. Credibility to the car right there.

Remind me to post a few links, but the CTS-V has to date the single fastest lap on the Nurnberg Race Ring for a four door sedan. It has a magnetic suspension design in there that allows it to handle turns like a Le Mans rally car. That thing is a bad ass car for $80,000.
    Dice
    Dice
    Lost in the Harbour
    Lost in the Harbour

Post  Dice Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Petra Bealer
    Petra Bealer
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Petra Bealer Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 am

Mmm... yes. Little mid-engine things would be lovely.
    Petra Bealer
    Petra Bealer
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Petra Bealer Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 am

Thinking about it, what we really need are more fast 4-doors. At least one perfect candidate type would be the generic rally stuff; WRX, Evo, Galant VR-4, etc. Statted similarly to the Cisco maybe; a touch less top speed and more acceleration.
    Chainer
    Chainer
    Travelling Accordionist
    Travelling Accordionist

Post  Chainer Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Petra Bealer wrote:Thinking about it, what we really need are more fast 4-doors. At least one perfect candidate type would be the generic rally stuff; WRX, Evo, Galant VR-4, etc. Statted similarly to the Cisco maybe; a touch less top speed and more acceleration.

Vauxhal Bathurst would be ideal in that case.
    Petra Bealer
    Petra Bealer
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Petra Bealer Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Chainer wrote:
    Petra Bealer wrote:Thinking about it, what we really need are more fast 4-doors. At least one perfect candidate type would be the generic rally stuff; WRX, Evo, Galant VR-4, etc. Statted similarly to the Cisco maybe; a touch less top speed and more acceleration.

Vauxhal Bathurst would be ideal in that case.

I vaguely get the impression it's supposed to be an American city (what with the prevalence of guns Razz) and we don't get those over here. Impression I get is that they're not especially common either, whereas I see WRXes *everywhere*
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Fire Trucks. The game needs Fire Trucks.
    Petra Bealer
    Petra Bealer
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Petra Bealer Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Ooooh.

Honestly I'd also really go for more performance-related customization options. Not that I'm a car nut or anything. *whistles innocently*
    Kat
    Kat
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Kat Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:03 am

a classic Beetle type car, as someone said, and the Minibus, too =) Cars that should be in APB but aren't Volkswagen_minibus_chameleon_text_1
    Delinquent

Post  Delinquent Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:14 am

Nissan 240sx
    Datsun 200 Z
    Nissan Fairlady Z (200, 300, 350, 370)
    Nissan Altima
    Nissan Maxima

Last edited by Delinquent on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia

Post  Eleutherophobia Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:45 am

Delinquent wrote:Nissan 240sx
    Datsun 200 Z
    Nissan Fairlady Z (200, 300, 350)
    Nissan Altima
    Nissan Maxima
    I feel like in-game, there would not be enough of a difference between the Altima and the Maxima. However, I completely agree with the rest of this post.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content