Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perspective

SK
    SK
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Perspective Empty Perspective

Post  SK Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:00 pm

I guess I can give you all some perspective about myself, but I'm not sure at which point to start. That is what perspective is right, relation to a point?

Here and now, then, I assume is best.

I'm newly 25, even though I'd much rather have that milestone far away and just as forgotten about as it has been for the last 10 years. Time is a heavy crown, and I'm tired of being King.

I'm a creative writing major at a very nice University here in Virginia, also minoring in French which I have spoken since around age 12. In about a year I will be finished and starting Grad school for the writing field. I have been working as a novelist for about the last two years. I hope to be finished and finally pass this monstrosity to my fancy new publicist soon enough. That, of course, is really only the beginning of my life at this point, or the end, if anything unfortunate should happen to me tomorrow.

Before now I have been a number of things; a soldier, a lover, a crook, a friend, a philosopher, a heartbreaker, a bastard, and a savior. I find all of these things help me write, or at least cause me to write. It is, however, just a job. My other hobbies include expanding my large collection of tattoos and piercings, scuba diving, biking and running, and last but not least reading.

I enjoy gaming, and I always have. I have an extensive gaming career stretching back to the days of yore with the very foundations of Ultima Online and I have role-played my way through nearly every major MMO since. I have predominantly been a beta tester for the last two years, although I have decided to finally stick to my guns; ironically enough in a game where that seems a very good idea.

I fashion myself to be very personable and I do plan to be an asset here in many different ways, if you all do indeed choose to have me.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Until then, keep your head up or down as appropriate.

~ SK

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:56 pm