APB:R Beta/Release Questions and Info

Cr1m50n
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

APB:R Beta/Release Questions and Info

Post  Cr1m50n on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I know most of us haven't gotten an invite for the closed beta yet but i wanted to get the ball rolling on some important questions to help clarify everything if/when the Rain Dogs return to San Paro. (Presumptuous, I know)

What server will be one? (Any info on server names, types, Demographics would be nice)

Will we be remaining as criminals? (I'm assuming yes)

Will our Ex-APB'ers be reclaiming there characters or are we starting anew? (Just for simple role-crafting purposes)

Will the Rain Dogs participate in the Closed/Open Beta as a unified presence (I.e. Will we "be" Rain Dogs) or are we treating the beta as simply a chance to get our sea legs back?

If we are going to be in uniform, are we going to hold off on creation of Beta characters (as we cant reclaim our old one's until release) until leadership has picked a server?

Anyway that's just a few thoughts i had, I think i may just be a bit over excited Smile See you all soon
    Mortierre
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Re: APB:R Beta/Release Questions and Info

Post  Mortierre on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:02 pm

See you on the streets.
    Lamette
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Lamette on Sun May 01, 2011 1:38 am

I've finally gotten an invite to the closed beta, but it's pretty horrible right now. Very few people in, those who are in the game are even more deadly the people we regularly encountered in the original game! The revised matchmaker is still being programmed, so you're going to be slaughtered constantly, just like before. Until that's fixed, or a crew of the old raindogs is in, I can't muster much excitement.

This website has gone into a weird state for me - everything is extremely faded, leading to nearly illegal pale bluish-gray text on white. I also had to laugh at the advertising banner I'm seeing here - for "Venus" sexy clothing! Definitely the wardrobe Lamette used to favor "back in the day."
    Cr1m50n
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Cr1m50n on Wed May 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Open beta is soon, Character Restoration is live! Im on Joker server, unsure of everyone else? Hopefully joker! See you on the streets.

P.s. You can run with me lamette, me and a few buddies have been running 20 mission wins streaks on a day to day basis Smile
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp on Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Same. But changed Boedean to Jethro. No doubt that car jacking fool is back in action mowing down peds in a dump truck. Am also on Joker server.
    Zamara
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Zamara on Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 am

Zamara is back on Joker as well.
    Lamette
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Lamette on Fri May 06, 2011 12:47 am

Rats! I live on the west coast, so I picked that server (Colby) for Lamette. I was curious and excited about the transfer, so transferred her to Joker before checking or thinking too hard. Oops.

I don't know of any way to transfer the original Lamette to Joker now, and my other slot on my beta account is occupied by an enforcer character. I either need to ditch that character or wait until May 18th to get into Joker. Either way, I'll have to abandon all that effort I put into Lamette's wardrobe. No loss some would say, but I liked her oversexed and hypertacky style.

----------

By the way, in looking over the clan forums and all, it appears that all the hardcore killers and their clans are heading to Joker too. Life might be a lot easier on Colby. I predict that the new matchmaker is some months out (otherwise they'd have held release for it), so we're going to be ganked into the ground again on any server with people who fancy themselves "competitive."

Another sidenote - if I do need to restart from scratch on Joker, I'm thinking of a flaming Queen (gay guy) for a character. I always enjoy RP challenges. Opinions?

Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink on Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Is anyone staying on Colby? My understanding is there won't be anymore wipes right?
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink on Fri May 06, 2011 2:12 pm

I've been enjoying Colby so far. It has been mostly friendly and good natured so far from what I've seen.
    Zamara
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Zamara on Fri May 06, 2011 3:30 pm

I am on both Colby as Zakiya, and I copied over Zamara to Joker.

I also have an enforcer on each. Jaidia on Colby, Akeyo on Joker.

So anyone feel free to add me to their friends list on the respective server/faction if they do not mind dragging me along on some missions.
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink on Fri May 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Oh cool, I thought there was a two character limit. Is that per server or did you go premium to add spots?

In any case, had a great time grouping up with Zee and can't wait to do it again! Had to bail out to finish some work before the day got away from me.
    Zamara
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Post  Zamara on Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Pink wrote:Oh cool, I thought there was a two character limit. Is that per server or did you go premium to add spots?

In any case, had a great time grouping up with Zee and can't wait to do it again! Had to bail out to finish some work before the day got away from me.

I did the premium thing but heck... why not I figure. And yeah it was a lot of fun, we showed how rusty we were, but it was -still- fun. I am looking forward to next time, and to welcome anyone else along too.
    Lamette
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Lamette on Sat May 07, 2011 1:43 am

Had a good time on Colby last night with pickup groups. They didn't seem to hate me (unlike Joker, where groups had no interest in joining up and kicked me after the mission). And it's really nice that some of the old Raindogs are there.

So, I'll keep on with Lamette on Colby for now, friend Zakiya there, and look for Pink as well. When open beta rolls around on May 18th, we can all reassess the situation and decide the best place for all.

Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp on Sat May 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Be sure to add Jethro. Knows what he's doing so no worries there. Again, am on Joker.
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink on Sun May 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Are you reforming the Rain Dogs on Joker? What's the atmosphere been like so far over there?

I did already save Pink on Joker as well, but I'm a little ambivalent about switching after putting a lot of hours into Colby already.
    Tripp
    Uninvited Relative
    Uninvited Relative

Post  Tripp on Sat May 14, 2011 7:24 am

Next to no RP community I've seen as of yet. I am too the point of getting Raindogs up and running again on Joker just for the hell of it -and- maybe some old RPers, who will remember us, can join in when RP happens. Just wishful thinking seeing I am on the east coast and have no lag what so ever on this server.
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink on Sat May 14, 2011 1:34 pm

I tried Joker a few times and just felt like it had a different atmosphere than Colby. I don't know if the west coasters are just more laid back than east coasters or what, but things just feel a little more easy going on Colby. I still have Pink on Joker too, but I am pretty much staying on Colby unless something really significant changes.
    Lamette
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Lamette on Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 pm

For those who want to experiment with Colby, the once and future Raindogs there typically include:

Crimninals:
    Lamette
    Zakiya (formerly known as Zamara)
    Pink

Enforcers:
    Efrain (Lamette alt)
    Jaidia (Zamara/Zaidia alt)
    Muse (Pink alt)
    Cr1m50n
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Cr1m50n on Sun May 15, 2011 11:19 am

Joker is a bit of a challenge, some of the clans here are very good. But as of right now im enjoying the challenge immensely, sometimes, i get absolutely rolled on, other times its a drag-out bloody street battle, and that is why i play APB for the most part. Ive made many good friends here, who are not opposed to helping lowbies teaching them the ropes and carrying them through some of the tougher things. Also we can purchase you some cars and guns. So if anyone is on joker gimmie a holler.
    Lamette
    Baker Pool Shark
    Baker Pool Shark

Post  Lamette on Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks for the generous offer, Crim5on.

The wild girls trio usually gets creamed, but we have great fun in the process. Lamette still has her outrageous wardrobe and plays "outfit roulette" most nights, sometimes with very scandalous results. Zee is showing more and more of her incredible ink jobs. Pink has now moved up the outfit ladder to the point where she's starting to make Lamette look restrained in comparison! What we lack in firepower we make up for in style and flair.
    Pink
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

Post  Pink on Wed May 18, 2011 1:47 pm

I may still bounce back and forth between Joker and Colby at some point, but right now I'm still slogging through the effort to get Pink set back up how she was in the RTW days. I'm only just now working through Javez for the pink Bishada and am about to get introduced to Seung so I can add an ACT 44 to my options.

Crim5on, do you mind sharing any pointers on some of the equipment and mod load outs you roll with? Like Lam says, we get steamrolled more often than not, but I imagine every little bit helps when pure skill isn't there to carry the day. Right now I've got Clotting II and Happy Landings II and have mostly been using an OCA with Reflex Sight I, Magazine Pull I (or whatever it is called, the faster reload, clip reducing one), and the level I version of that pistol sling one that gives %13 faster draw time or whatever.

Also, jogging instead of sprinting drops you off the radar right?
    Cr1m50n
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Cr1m50n on Thu May 19, 2011 8:36 pm

What really makes for a success in APB is good team dynamic. Having someone with a well equip long range like the Obir/Obeya/NHVR with plenty of STAR's (there quite potent right now) and at least one OCA/PMG/JG user for the close in scrims. That makes a good fluid team that can really thrive in most situations, Of course each end of the spectrum suffers when in open or close quarters combat but that brings me to my next point.

Use your supply kit to change weapons often! If you find yourself stuck dying over and over to a kid with an OCA hiding in a dark alley, switch to a Shotgun or an OCA and deal with him, have a specific weapon from Long/ Medium/ and Close range that you are relatively good with and practice with them often. 90% of what beats a team, good or bad, is not having the proper equipment to do a job.

As for upgrades and mod, well i tend to use Kevlar, and happy landings, I don't like clotting agent as i find it tends to get me killed more than save me. I primarily fight close or long range with medium range covered by friends, Kevlar excels at both those ranges as it gives you that little extra boost to close the gap in CQC (Close Quarter Combat) and it gives you a few extra hits when dueling other snipers or just taking heat.

Mods for weapons are surprisingly easy, most the mod you unlock as you rank up in whichever role you're currently filling is also generally the best mod for those weapons. Heavy Barrel, unlocked through snipers is an example of a good mod for rifleman as well however, and Cooling Jacket, is generally ill advised on a shotgun.

When it comes to "Blue" weapon mods, such as magazine pull, extended mag, and bandolier. Those really depend on your preference. If your like me at have a serious habit of always reloading after a kill, trying to get it in before my enemy so magazine pull is great for me. However some weapons just benefit far greater from extended mag (Like the Auto-Shotgun) Bandolier is great for Obeya's and OBIR's as they have small clip capacities and snipers are generally far away from teammates so they cant rely on them for a resupply.

There, those are my best tips. Oh and one final thing. Know your role, your weapon, but more importantly know your enemies role and their weapon. If a Gold Star 'forcer is coming at you with a tricked out OCA, and your rocking an OCA too don't assume you can win, he has a serious weapon advantage and judging from his ranks hes probably damn good with it, leave him to your teammates, funnel him out of his element, an OCA wont kill a Obeya user and 100 meters no matter how good they are. Use each member of your team accordingly.
    And dot be afraid to take the advantage, sometimes running an extra minute to enter a capture zone from behind the enemy snipers or riflemen is worth the time running, flank whenever you think is possible.
    Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 on Tue May 24, 2011 8:04 am

I got the rain dogs running on Colby. Currently recruited like 4-5 guys and have the faction name..Add Stead Very Happy
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Post  Eleutherophobia on Wed May 25, 2011 11:51 am

Neat-o.

I do ask that, if you're using that name, you keep it a roleplaying group. I'll be in on-and-off through the summer, but not with any level of uniformity.

Stead123
    Liquored-up Immigrant
    Liquored-up Immigrant

Post  Stead123 on Thu May 26, 2011 6:20 am

Oh yes..We are all roleplayers..But currently we are keeping the story with what we had before..And we are doing mostly in-game RP..I didn't really want to steal the name Eleuth as I thought you might come back but if anyone in a higher position than me wants to control the group (On Colby) be my guest.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:37 pm