Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

9/11

Delinquent
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out
    Here 'til the Money Runs Out

9/11 Empty 9/11

Post  Delinquent Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 am

It happened nine years ago today. The last words I said to my mother before I left for basic training were, "Don't worry. We have been at peace for years, nothing is gonna happen." Three weeks later, I was sitting in the Day Room in basic training watching the second tower fall.

Of the 60 men in my flight, 14 of them lost a parent, sister, brother, loved one, or friend. I spent the next four years of my life fighting back against the attack both at home and abroad. I shed tears, sweat, and blood over the attacks and to this day it is still the most sobering day on the calendar for me. 9/11 means something different to everyone, but I wanted to come in and give honor to the memories of those lost on that day as it is a very important day to me.
    Carlyle
    Carlyle
    Splashing the Wine
    Splashing the Wine

9/11 Empty Re: 9/11

Post  Carlyle Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:33 pm

I'd like to take the time to honor those who lost and risked their lives that day. And to thank you, Del, and all the other Men and Women who have fought (and died) for our freedom.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pm