Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Milk and cookies..

Cookie
    Cookie
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Milk and cookies.. Empty Milk and cookies..

Post  Cookie Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:55 pm

"So what did she have to eat?"

The man wiped greasy hands on his apron, "I already told you..milk...and...cookies."

The detective ran a hand through his hair and sighed; it was going to be one of those days. "And what type of gun was it again?"

"A water gun...look, how the hell should I know, mac...when you have something like that pointed at you, you kinda start missing the little details. It makes a bang and people get dead after that...that's all I know about guns."

The detective rolled his eyes, "So...what you're telling me is that a girl, about this high, wearing shorts and a sweatshirt..which you can't describe, came in here and had...milk and cookies?" The detective paused to make sure he had that detail right, "...then when you tried to stop her from leaving without paying..what was it, two dollars and nine cents...she pulled a gun out, stuck it in your face..and what did she say?" Leafing through his notes, "...the milk was sour." Raising his brows, "That about sum it up?"

"Yeah, that about..sums it up."

"I see...real monster, eh?"

"Look, man...she put a gun in my face and if you'd seen her eyes you know what I mean. She'd have killed me for the hell of it."

"No, you'd be dead..and if she would have killed you, it would have been because she's scared and starving."

"Whose side are you on, anyway?"

The detective had to think about that a moment. "Here's your two dollars.." Going through his pocket, laying the money on the empty table. "And a quarter for your loss of sleep over this."

The man only looked at the money a moment, "So that's it? Not going to look for fingerprints or anything?"

"Yeah, sure...I'll get Grissom right over here for the cookie heist. He can work that up and we'll have her behind bars in.." Looking at his watch, "...about an hour or so."

"Smartass.."

The detective just smiled, "I'll take a report, sweetheart..don't worry."

"Yeah, sure...sweetheart, bet you will."

Outside, the detective lit a cigarette and took a long pull from it before turning to his partner, "What do you think?"

The woman shrugged. "Sounds like our girl...and sounds like she's getting desperate."

The detective nodded and sighed, "Yeah...we gotta find her soon. When your parents faces are plastered all over the national news...well ah...might be better for our career if we find her sooner than later, and preferably alive."

"Where do you think she's going, Jack?"

He looked off into the distance, route 54 stretching away into the horizon that was just a little bit brighter than the rest of the sky. "San Paro..." And he sighed again, taking another long drag from the cigarette.

The woman made a face at the mere mention of San Paro. "She gets in there, we'll never find her."

"I think that's her plan, dear...I think that's her plan."

((It's short, not so sweet, but there it is. Like to join up with you guys, and trying to talk a friend into playing too. And yes, her name is Cookie in game. Of course it's not the name on the missing or runaway fliers, just her nickname. Could be that she's about my size, and could be...I may have acquired such a nickname. lol If you guys aren't interested in me, hope to see you around in game. Be well.))

~Lena~

Cookie
    Cookie
    Just Passing Through
    Just Passing Through

Milk and cookies.. Empty Sorry for any confusion here..

Post  Cookie Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:56 pm

The girl who..ah...pulled the gun for milk and cookies is the inhabited character. Sorry..wrote that a little strange as looking in about her, instead of from her. She's still coming to me in mind, so bear with me...
    Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

Milk and cookies.. Empty Re: Milk and cookies..

Post  Eleutherophobia Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 pm

"So she paid her bill and left, off with some guy headed west. Shit if she wasn't the cutest little thing I'd ever seen..."

(Great stuff! Can't wait for more from you, Cookie! Welcome to the Rain Dogs.)
    Ecks
    Ecks
    Growling Mongrel
    Growling Mongrel

Post  Ecks Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:28 am

Cookie wrote:The girl who..ah...pulled the gun for milk and cookies is the inhabited character. Sorry..wrote that a little strange as looking in about her, instead of from her. She's still coming to me in mind, so bear with me...

(It can be as enjoyable and satisfying an endeavour to read through the activities of, and, gradually, become acquainted with, the character themself; as they so too, come to materialisation within the imagination of their creator.

Such would certainly be apparent as evident, reading through, so far. Looking forward to reading more!)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am