Rain Dogs : A Storytelling Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

James 4:7

Chico
    Chico
    Wide-Eyed
    Wide-Eyed

James 4:7 Empty James 4:7

Post  Chico Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 am

((I plan on explaining more, but, this is what I can do at midnight.))

"Someteos, pues, a Dios. Resistid al diablo, y él Huirá de vosotros."

((Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.))

I looked up from my bible. The mega-church was unbelievably quiet, considering how many people were here. I've always felt uncomfortable in churches, but they were as good of a place to hide as any. I tap my boot on the ground a couple of times and sigh. I can't believe I have court in the morning and I wasted my only suit to come to church. Habits aren't easy to break. See, I've not always been on the straight and narrow, but I've always followed a few personal tenets, such as don't kill anyone, don't let anyone get one over on you, and don't steal from people with families. Finally, the priest stops.

"Gracias por el diezmo." and with that, the baskets come 'round. The conversation picks up a bit as this happens, but everybody pretty much stays in their seat.

Finally, the basket falls into my lap, and with a strict sense of righteousness, I stand and move towards the exit.

"¿Qué estás haciendo!" a woman shouts.

I smirk.

"Asegúrese de que el diablo se le debe."
    ((Make certain the Devil gets his due.))

Then I break for it. Tuck the basket against my chest and run. I hit the doors with my shoulder, and break into the sunlight. Enough money for another bottle of tequila, a pack of cigarettes, and a can or two of spray paint. It looks like another day in Los Angeles is going just as planned...

Eleutherophobia
    Eleutherophobia
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
    Bad Liver and a Broken Heart

James 4:7 Empty Re: James 4:7

Post  Eleutherophobia Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:15 pm

(Very much enjoyed this, and was thrilled to discuss your ideas last night in-game. Welcome to the Rain Dogs, Chico.)

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 pm